Hot Wheels Sleeper PC

Challenge for Linus:

Make a sleeper PC out of one of these Hot Wheels PCs (SLI, custom loop, the whole lot), BUT ya also have to find a way to put a better sensor in the mouse (something like a Logitech HERO sensor), put mechanical switches in the keyboard and Frankenstein a high quality pair of speakers into the little Hot Wheels ones.

Bonus Challenge: Make a sleeper monitor too. Maybe you could just make a frame for the PG27UQ that is painted to look just like the original Hot Wheels one kinda like the monitor in this sleeper build: 

D_Qei_OVAAYvDn1.jpeg

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

There are so many weird/proprietary things about that system that I'm not sure modern hardware could be made to work in it at all. Don't know if you've seen the motherboard, but it has some wacky design choices to make it fit. Even if you could somehow jam the hardware in there, the lack of airflow options means just about anything modern and able to be gamed on would go nuclear.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Cheers! I'll reply to that with my suggestion!

10 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

There are so many weird/proprietary things about that system that I'm not sure modern hardware could be made to work in it at all. Don't know if you've seen the motherboard, but it has some wacky design choices to make it fit. Even if you could somehow jam the hardware in there, the lack of airflow options means just about anything modern and able to be gamed on would go nuclear.

Ah! That's all part of the challenge! Most of his other sleeper builds (except maybe the Xbox sleeper) have been pretty standard shaped cases, so with some pretty simple gutting and modifications, he was able to put a pretty beefy build in there. To get something into the little Hot Wheels case is going to be a bit more of a challenge. Would be interesting to see how Linus and the team went about it!

17 minutes ago, TheHopefulPuffin said:

Ah! That's all part of the challenge! Most of his other sleeper builds (except maybe the Xbox sleeper) have been pretty standard shaped cases, so with some pretty simple gutting and modifications, he was able to put a pretty beefy build in there. To get something into the little Hot Wheels case is going to be a bit more of a challenge. Would be interesting to see how Linus and the team went about it!

The Hot Wheels system had to have its RAM installed at an angle to fit it into the case. Trust me, putting new hardware in old cases is a fun pastime for me, but I think the Hot Wheels case is a bridge too far. It's too much of an oddball to pull off without ruining the original aesthetic of the case, and I'd hate to see a Hot Wheels system destroyed on a failed project.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

That PC already look fast as hell imo.

I think the design is really refined and premium in appearance

I have an Atom with Nvidia ION graphics that would fit in there. I bet it could run a game.

Srsly, there's dreams and then there's bad ideas. This is a bad idea.