Which GPU with Ryzen 5 1500X?

afaq0

What is the maximum GPU that would pair "okay" with the Ryzen 5 1500X? (Which GPU would no bottleneck and which would do little bottleneck)

2060 super/5700 imo if the 1500x is overclocked, little bottleneck.

1660 Ti no bottleneck (95% AAA games)

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

2060 super/5700 imo if the 1500x is overclocked

@Firewrath9 Thank you.

I'm getting a new build tomorrow and it will have a GTX 1060 6GB and a Ryzen 5 1500X because I found a good price on it. I just wanted to know what GPU I could upgrade to in the future, once the 1060 is a little older, without having to get a new build. I would probably get a 2060 super. Thanks for the help. 

50 minutes ago, afaq0 said:

@Firewrath9 Thank you.

I'm getting a new build tomorrow and it will have a GTX 1060 6GB and a Ryzen 5 1500X because I found a good price on it. I just wanted to know what GPU I could upgrade to in the future, once the 1060 is a little older, without having to get a new build. I would probably get a 2060 super. Thanks for the help. 

Yeah np

ultimately it depends on the resolution you game at (like what monitor do you have?), as you move up in resolution the CPU becomes less of a bottleneck.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 10:40 AM, Daniel644 said:

ultimately it depends on the resolution you game at (like what monitor do you have?), as you move up in resolution the CPU becomes less of a bottleneck.

Sorry for the late response @Daniel644

I play at 144hz 1080p. 

1 hour ago, afaq0 said:

I play at 144hz 1080p. 

If higher fps is priority then I will suggest get a better CPU. Ryzen 1st Gen struggle to achieve 144 hz. 1440p 60 is achievable on ryzen 1st Gen.

For the GPU you can consider a Vega 56 also since they sell for cheap in some places.

4 hours ago, afaq0 said:

I play at 144hz 1080p. 

yes higher refresh rates require better cpu's that doesnt hold the gpu back.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

@anil72 @hollyh88 Thanks for the response. I currently have the Ryzen 1500X with a GTX 1060 6GB. I will be sure to upgrade my CPU alongside my GPU when I upgrade.