I need your opinion, graphic cards people!

champdemain

With the 2080 Super poking it's nose out in about 12 days, I was wondering if the price drop on the 2080ti made it worth it now? Compared to before. My 980 is starting to show it's age in newer title, even going as far as medium 40 FPS in Assassin's Creed: Origins which is killing me inside. I have the budget for a 2080ti (Currently 1500 CAD) but if even with the price drop it is not worth the performance compared to the speculation we have for the 2080 Super I will not pull the trigger on it. What do you think? I tend to stretch my cards untill they can't support newest titles at 60fps on high/medium so I don't know if that changes the worth of the card, like if the 2080ti would last longer than a 2080 Super. So there you have it, my current dilemma is between 2080 Super and 2080ti.

Thank you very much for your opinions.

The RTX 2080 TI is supposed to reign supreme as the top card, while the re-vamped RTX 2080 Super is still supposed to be a noticeable difference behind to keep the TI version relevant.  $1,500 is far extreme for a mere graphics card, especially one that's riddled w/bugs and serious issues.  Even more so when you can literally make a nice computer for that price w/a RTX 2080 Super, until the TI card drops in price to $1,000 w/the price adjustment in time.

I would stick w/a RTX 2080 Super due to the massive price difference and hopefully the Super cards won't be plagued w/the plethora of issues the originals had.  Only time and benchmarks will tell, but I'm goin to recommend a RTX 2080 Super for my friend when he has me make his 4k gamin computer in October.  The 10th Gen. Intel chips have been announced, so we'll have to see benchmarks for them, too.

The price to performance for a top of the line card is abysmal, so the card under it is def. better, while savin a good amount to purchase somethin else w/the difference.  The top EVGA RTX 2080 TI FTW3 11gb is around $1,200 currently, but it might drop more w/the price adjustment for the TI cards as stated prior.  I would wait at least two weeks after the RTX 2080 Super is released to look at YouTube and customer reviews of the products to make an informed decision if you want to invest into the cards.  Many of the long-term issues the RTX cards had weren't realized for quite sometime due to their long-term nature (cheap GDDR6 dyin).

Primary

CPU:      i9-10900k 3.7-5.3GHz (10th gen)

GPU:      EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming 12gb

MB:         ASUS RoG Maximus XIII Hero (ATX)

RAM:      64gb (4x16) DDR4-3200MHz G.Skill TridentZ Silver/Black (CL16)

HD:         1x 8TB Corsair MP400 NVMe PCIe 3.0 (SSD)

2x 16TB Seagate Exos 7200rpm (HDD)

E-HD:     12TB WD

PSU:       EVGA 1000w G2, 80+ Gold (modular)

UPS:       900w CyberPower

Display:   ASUS 27” 1440p/270Hz IPS 0.5ms (XG27AQM)

Aorus 27" 1440p/165Hz IPS 1ms (FI27Q-P) iGPU

KeyB:      EVGA Z15 (wired)

Mouse:    Logitech G-502 Hero (400/600/800/1000)

Headset: JBL Quantum ONE Gaming Headset

Case:      Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh (ATX)

Other:     XB-1 Wireless Controller Adapter w/Controller

NPET H01 Gaming Mouse Bungee Cord Holder w/4 USB Ports

Gaming Computer Specs.pdf

Buy RTX 2080 in lower price after the 2080super release, is the best way for you .,it will totally meet your demand. Then you may have the rest money to upgrade other things in your system such as cpu or memoy. Because its not good to run RTX 2080 with a same cpu use in a GTX980 system.

I guess you can also wait for the 2080 TI Super. It should be as good as the Titan RTX and probably far cheaper.