High WMI Provider CPU Usage

OmicronEta
Go to solution Solved by OmicronEta,

Ok, uninstalling Razer programs seemed to have worked, no more errors or High WMI activity. Thanks.

Hi, my WMI Provider seems to be taking up a huge amount of CPU resources. At times it took up 97% of the cpu. This leads to games that I play(i.e. Destiny 2, Rainbow Six) stutter to a point where it can simply be called freezing up and crashing. When using firefox it stutters for anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute and then moves for 12 seconds, not catching up with activities  that have happened in the time that it was frozen. I have found that after in task manager when this lagging is that WMI provider seems to ramp up its usage around 20 minutes after booting the computer. What can I do to fix this problem.

Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 2x8GB @3200Mhz - Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD (P.O.S.) HDD - 250GB LITEONIT SSD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GQ 750W Gold- Razer Deathaddder Elite - Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard

it shouldn't do that unless something is accessing ur computers info alot. have you downloaded anything shady the past whenever this issue first started? 

3 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

it shouldn't do that unless something is accessing ur computers info alot. have you downloaded anything shady the past whenever this issue first started? 

This Problem has happened very recently, and I have not downloaded anything shady on my computer. Nothing comes up with a virus scan either.

Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 2x8GB @3200Mhz - Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD (P.O.S.) HDD - 250GB LITEONIT SSD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GQ 750W Gold- Razer Deathaddder Elite - Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard

Just now, OmicronEta said:

have you ran a malware scan ? 

it is the wmiprvse causing the issue right ?. even if its not something shady you have downloaded it can be a legit app. ive heard about ad blocking programs causing this and some other random apps

Screenshot (40).png

33 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

have you ran a malware scan ? 

it is the wmiprvse causing the issue right ?. even if its not something shady you have downloaded it can be a legit app. ive heard about ad blocking programs causing this and some other random apps

After looking around some it seems that what you said was correct. One of my razer progams seems to be the culprit behind this. So I will be uninstalling Cortex, and hope that fixes the problem.1672800991_Screenshot(43).thumb.png.a76290e663d9692a0fdf6ed4d71971bd.png

Ok, uninstalling Razer programs seemed to have worked, no more errors or High WMI activity. Thanks.