pwm hub

thrasher_565

so i got a few of thows cheap 10 "pwm" hubs and found out there's no pwm at all there just a hub that runs at full power. is there a way to run may fans off of the cpu mb header? and when i mean many i mean like 38 ish fans.

i want all 38 fans to ramp up when gaming. i no there are fan controllers like nzxt grid but i would need to buy alot of them.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

well no reply. i found PHANTEKS Universal PWM fan hub that can take up to 48w total according to PHANTEKS. so i think 2 hubs should do. ill hook 1 up to the cpu header and the other to the gpu using the ek gpu to 4 pin pwm cable. i was looking at aquacomputer Aquaero but that's a lot of money right now.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

I use swiftech and a Silverstone. Most of my fans are 2k or 3k noctua fans. They support 8 fans each and are cheap. Pwm works perfect

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

On 7/8/2019 at 9:58 PM, thrasher_565 said:

so i got a few of thows cheap 10 "pwm" hubs and found out there's no pwm at all there just a hub that runs at full power. is there a way to run may fans off of the cpu mb header? and when i mean many i mean like 38 ish fans.

i want all 38 fans to ramp up when gaming. i no there are fan controllers like nzxt grid but i would need to buy alot of them.

why the fuck do you have 38 fans?

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

Tap the 12V and ground from a PSU Molex instead of the motherboard, problem solved.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:26 AM, Olaf6541 said:

Tap the 12V and ground from a PSU Molex instead of the motherboard, problem solved.

it all ready has moxes power on it but the pwm dose nothing. only the orange fan header is pwm and thats for the cpu. all it is is a fan hub withc will run all fans at the same speed the molex is set at. but they adverties it as "PWM"

En-Labs-Fan-Cooling-System-10-Channel-CPU-Molex-4pin-PWM-Fan-Splitter-Hub-Power-Extension.jpg_640x640.jpg

On 7/15/2019 at 8:35 PM, BleachedFur said:

why the fuck do you have 38 fans?

pc update 006.jpg

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

it all ready has moxes power on it but the pwm dose nothing. only the orange fan header is pwm and thats for the cpu. all it is is a fan hub withc will run all fans at the same speed the molex is set at. but they adverties it as "PWM"

Do you mean they all run on the same PWM duty cycle as the source PWM signal or that only the CPU has a PWM duty cycle and all other output run full speed?

Sick build, looks really nice. ?

(How) do you want the fans grouped together? That 10 pwm hub thing could work if multiple fans need the same pwm duty cycle.

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

what the hell is that? it's huge! like my dick...

anyways I wouldnt be putting anything cheap in there if I were yout. Depending on how many motherboards in you, you can get 1-to-4 splitters off Amazon.

But get an expensive hub, you've already spent $200+ on that case...

On 7/8/2019 at 9:58 PM, thrasher_565 said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07546QTT5/

2 hours ago, Olaf6541 said:

Do you mean they all run on the same PWM duty cycle as the source PWM signal or that only the CPU has a PWM duty cycle and all other output run full speed?

Sick build, looks really nice. ?

(How) do you want the fans grouped together? That 10 pwm hub thing could work if multiple fans need the same pwm duty cycle.

only the CPU has a PWM duty cycle and all other output run full speed

2 hours ago, BleachedFur said:

what the hell is that? it's huge! like my dick...

anyways I wouldnt be putting anything cheap in there if I were yout. Depending on how many motherboards in you, you can get 1-to-4 splitters off Amazon.

But get an expensive hub, you've already spent $200+ on that case...

even if i used all the fan headers on the mb and use spliter dont think i could do all 38 fans and would look really bad doable but bad.

So if you are running the hub to the mobo and only one fan is changing speeds it must be the splitter. 

Get a better one, it’s quite simple. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

So if you are running the hub to the mobo and only one fan is changing speeds it must be the splitter. 

i did but only after buying like 6 of em. they were cheap like $3 each so not a huge loss but just letting people no its not a pwm spliter only a fan hub. i was just asking if anyone new a good pwm spliter for cheap and sounds like there's non. so i got the Phanteks Universal Fan Controller 

now looking at it its $10 cheaper...

6 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

only the CPU has a PWM duty cycle and all other output run full speed

And grouping? How many PWM channels do you need for those 38 fans?

5 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Yea this en-labs fan hub should send out the same PWM signal to all output, if its doesnt do that is might be broken...

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

i did but only after buying like 6 of em. they were cheap like $3 each so not a huge loss but just letting people no its not a pwm spliter only a fan hub. i was just asking if anyone new a good pwm spliter for cheap and sounds like there's non. so i got the Phanteks Universal Fan Controller 

Seems expensive for just splitting fan cables, but with the amount of fans youre using its better to use that kind of splitter with molex/sata power instead of just splitting the cables.

2 minutes ago, Olaf6541 said:

And grouping? How many PWM channels do you need for those 38 fans?

Yea this en-labs fan hub should send out the same PWM signal to all output, if its doesnt do that is might be broken...

Seems expensive for just splitting fan cables, but with the amount of fans youre using its better to use that kind of splitter with molex/sata power instead of just splitting the cables.

i do agree that a sata/molex power the way to go.

27 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

I mentioned two a long time ago that are cheap and work with much better fans.

21 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i do agree that a sata/molex power the way to go.

For my radiators I joined 6 ML120's together with splitter cables and used 12V from a molex and hooked up the pwm into an arduino, but there are also prebuilt solutions like this 1 to 5 splitter:

(theres only one 4pin but splitter cables usually have all outputs 4pin)

45cm-Fan-Extension-Power-Cable-Connector

10 hours ago, Olaf6541 said:

For my radiators I joined 6 ML120's together with splitter cables and used 12V from a molex and hooked up the pwm into an arduino, but there are also prebuilt solutions like this 1 to 5 splitter:

(theres only one 4pin but splitter cables usually have all outputs 4pin)

45cm-Fan-Extension-Power-Cable-Connector

ya i understand it. i ran 6 fans on my rads that ran off the cpu fan header so i no it works. and i do no that most headers have a max out put of 1 amp. also i read that the more fans the pwm signal gets weaker and wont work pats 10 fans i think. so there are ways of incise the pwm signal but i think most ways is costly or diy only like the arduino. i do no there are adapters that can make a 3 pin fan a pwm fan i have 4 of em. anyway i got 2 phanteks universal fan controllers so they should work. according to phanteks there's no max per channel only a total max of 48wats. so i think i worked it out...we ill see.

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya i understand it. i ran 6 fans on my rads that ran off the cpu fan header so i no it works. and i do no that most headers have a max out put of 1 amp. also i read that the more fans the pwm signal gets weaker and wont work pats 10 fans i think. so there are ways of incise the pwm signal but i think most ways is costly or diy only like the arduino. i do no there are adapters that can make a 3 pin fan a pwm fan i have 4 of em. anyway i got 2 phanteks universal fan controllers so they should work. according to phanteks there's no max per channel only a total max of 48wats. so i think i worked it out...we ill see.

Will you do a build log? We need at least some pictures of the finished build. ?

6 hours ago, Olaf6541 said:

Will you do a build log? We need at least some pictures of the finished build. ?

thx for asking

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/805703-thermaltake-core-wpp200-water-cooled-quad-loop/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-12390441