Lag problems

I need you to help me with my "lag problem" i've seen alot of benchmark videos with gtx 1080 and i've seen that titles like assassins creed odessy runs on like 90fps but with other CPU...i am getting around 50-55 and i was thinking like why....can it be that my Intel® Core™ i7-7700 4x 3.60GHz CPU is that bad? IF so can u help me find some other option

Are you sure it's your CPU? If not download MSI afterburner and use the OSD monitor. You'll be able to see what the bottleneck is.

Check if there's anything going in the background. I was lagging a lot when I had my virus program scanning. You could have bloat ware slowing you down too.

I dont think its your CPU due to the fact a I7 7700 should be just fine for a 1080. Slow HDD perhaps?

Its a long shot but ram

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

It's hard to say without seeing your full system specs but I am guessing you have insufficient RAM or insufficient cooling.
Your CPU is still great for gaming, most of the stutter and low FPS you get will be coming from your GPU thermal throttling or your RAM being so full that your CPU can't get the data fast enough to keep the game going. When this happens, you will often notice small freezes or screen tearing during cinematics as well.

17 minutes ago, SparkShot said:

It's hard to say without seeing your full system specs but I am guessing you have insufficient RAM or insufficient cooling.
Your CPU is still great for gaming, most of the stutter and low FPS you get will be coming from your GPU thermal throttling or your RAM being so full that your CPU can't get the data fast enough to keep the game going. When this happens, you will often notice small freezes or screen tearing during cinematics as well.

All i changed was the GPU to gtx 1080 and power supply bcs the last one was too weak

20190708_223543.jpg

14 minutes ago, PatrikPotter said:

All i changed was the GPU to gtx 1080 and power supply bcs the last one was too weak

20190708_223543.jpg

It's definitely your RAM. At the very least I would stick another DIMM of the same RAM in. With that MB, the best you can do is 2 DIMMs of 2400MHz 16GB. (For stability, always use identical RAM or at least the same manufacturer and speed).

It looks like your MB is going to be your main limiting factor for any future upgrades. I'd start doing some research and shopping around, even if you don't buy for a few years.
On your next MB purchase, you'll want to update you CPU as well and look for a MB with at least 4 lanes of memory so you can get up to 32GB while only having to buy 2 more of those same RAM.