I need help with selling a motherboard

A few years ago, a good friend of mine had given me a motherboard to help me with building my own pc. Unfortunately, I was unable to actually start buying components in order to build my own pc, and considering my circumstances, I don't think I will be any time soon. Because of this, I was looking to sell my motherboard, which is an MSI 970a GAMING PRO CARBON that has, to my knowledge, not been unboxed, tampered with, or touched ever since I had received it. I'm not sure how much I should sell it for, or where I should sell it. Any ideas on how I could get rid of this motherboard?

11 hours ago, Polargirl said:

ebay.com ?

If I were to sell it on eBay through an auction, what should the starting price be?

47 minutes ago, Kryoh said:

If I were to sell it on eBay through an auction, what should the starting price be?

I can't get an accurate assessment of what it is worth since no one is selling it new and just two other people are selling it used on eBay: $160 and $290.

Start at whatever level you can live with if it actually sold at that price. You could also start at a penny just to get people certainly interested and making bids hoping a bidding war comes out of it but knowing a certain sale will (obviously).

1 hour ago, Kryoh said:

When you list something on eBay, it shows you what others are selling the exact or similar items for. If you want it gone fast, undercut everyone else and list it as a "Buy It Now". If you care more about making the most you can, then list it equal to the others and put it up for a 1 week auction with a "Buy It Now" that is just below MSRP. If it doesn't take off right away, don't worry. Auctions tend to get hit hardest right before they end, but you want plenty of time for people to find it and watch it.

8 minutes ago, SparkShot said:

When you list something on eBay, it shows you what others are selling the exact or similar items for. If you want it gone fast, undercut everyone else and list it as a "Buy It Now". If you care more about making the most you can, then list it equal to the others and put it up for a 1 week auction with a "Buy It Now" that is just below MSRP. If it doesn't take off right away, don't worry. Auctions tend to get hit hardest right before they end, but you want plenty of time for people to find it and watch it.

The problem is only two other people are selling the exact same thing and with an extremely disparate price difference of $160 versus $290.

I guess the OP can browse closest match motherboards to take your advice or mine or combination of both.

3 hours ago, SparkShot said:

3 hours ago, Polargirl said:

The problem is only two other people are selling the exact same thing and with an extremely disparate price difference of $160 versus $290.

I guess the OP can browse closest match motherboards to take your advice or mine or combination of both.

3 hours ago, Polargirl said:

I can't get an accurate assessment of what it is worth since no one is selling it new and just two other people are selling it used on eBay: $160 and $290.

Start at whatever level you can live with if it actually sold at that price. You could also start at a penny just to get people certainly interested and making bids hoping a bidding war comes out of it but knowing a certain sale will (obviously).

Thank you to both of you, I will take your feedback into consideration when I list my motherboard on eBay.

4 minutes ago, Kryoh said:

Thank you to both of you, I will take your feedback into consideration when I list my motherboard on eBay.

When you do list it, please post the eBay link here.