First time builder

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:51 AM, Herman Mcpootis said:

There's not much of a difference running it on x570 compared to older chipsets, you just lose out on a few features. You need to update your motherboard's bios on older boards so that it is compatible with the 3700x.

when I go to download these BIOS do I down load the Bios for the x570 or the B450 mother board 

1 hour ago, elijahjue said:

when I go to download these BIOS do I down load the Bios for the x570 or the B450 mother board 

You download it for your exact motherboard.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

You download it for your exact motherboard.

doesn't that just put the same bios in the board that are already there from the factory or am I mixed up

15 minutes ago, elijahjue said:

doesn't that just put the same bios in the board that are already there from the factory or am I mixed up

You're updating the current bios with the newest revision, what you're doing is just going to brick your motherboard.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

11 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

You're updating the current bios with the newest revision, what you're doing is just going to brick your motherboard.

to brick it so confusing I will try to find it 

2 minutes ago, elijahjue said:

to brick it so confusing I will try to find it 

Just go to your exact motherboard's spec page and find the newest bios on the site.

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

Just go to your exact motherboard's spec page and find the newest bios on the site.

ok

Where do I go to get all the drivers I need and the ability to control the RGB 

Any driver you need should be available through the manufacturers' website. Is this your MOBO?:

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

59 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

Any driver you need should be available through the manufacturers' website. Is this your MOBO?:

no I went with this one because I heard the processor worked better with it and I didn't believe I could chance messing with the BIOS not knowing what I'm doing    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T5QDRFX/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AMU7S5IENCRFA&psc=1

Oh, I see! Well, the recipe will not change, usually, in the downloads section of your MOBO website, you should be able to find all available updates. Some manufacturers offer an application to update the BIOS so you do not have to do any bootable media to update and that makes everything easier but you'll need to check if they have anything like that for you.

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

and now I'm really freaking out I was wearied about doing anything to the motherboard before I installed it afraid I might mess it up for good but now I'm not sure what I should do is there a way I can find all that out before I install the motherboard into the comp. 

6 minutes ago, elijahjue said:

and now I'm really freaking out I was wearied about doing anything to the motherboard before I installed it afraid I might mess it up for good but now I'm not sure what I should do is there a way I can find all that out before I install the motherboard into the comp. 

You don't need to do anything to the motherboard. An X570 board doesn't need any bios updates to work with a 3000 series cpu.

There you go! if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So, don't do the update in your BIOS or at least not for now as it should work as is without any update.

Thank you for all your help I'm really trying my best to be as little a burden to all of you as I can and I'm sorry about my lack of knowledge on all this we all half to start somewhere ha I am so thankful for everything all of you do and have done to help me along my way  

Of course! with pleasure! and you do not worry about it, if you need more help with something, just post again.