Need help with my setup. I dont Jack and want to learn.

Couple months back I bought a cyberpowerpc  from best buy, Im on a small budget, I don't know what kind of ram it has besides it's 2*4gb ram ddr3 sdram. I got the second half of that off crucial's advisory tool. And first is from what best buy said. It also has a AMD FX 6300 6 core processor 3.5 ghz, and AMD Radeon RX 560 series 2gb. Now my friend went into my PC and told me my ram speed is very slow idk how you even check. 

I can play Rust fine. No lag, graphics are good, even at medium graphics (I think I'm on medium) ,but that while I only have rust running maybe even Google in back. But the moment I launch let's say discord it crashes. Or if I open steam it freezes and comes back. But if i launch anything not already loaded it crashes. 

If I buy 16gb of ddr3 ram is their any specific one to look for. I saw some on Amazon for like $59. And would I still have a problem with Rust or bigger games like Ark crashing when launching discord or steam or even music in back ground. 

Also out of my 8gb ram rust uses about 3.5gbs u

Ramspeed is fine. Its DDR3.

Its worth noting you didnt get a great deal at best buy.

But if it works for you then there is no problems.

No it would be fine if I can launch discord after already having rust open and playing. So what my immediate bottleneck, is it the CPU? I wanna know so I can start saving money for it.

And yea I should've done what my friend said, one of those websites that you should a PC and you pay bit by bit for a couple years. But 1000+ is still kinda crazy to me.