Triple boot how to

Go to solution Solved by Nettly_,

Before actually working on this I highly recommend at LEAST a terabyte of storage. This way you aren't limited too much. Now the steps of doing this are rather easy. There is a hard way (which even a beginner can do with a guide) and the easy way (that might not wanna work with you sometimes).

Easy Way

1. Install Windows
  2. Install Mint (when it talks about disc ask to install along-side Windows)
  3. Install Kali (again ask it to install along side those two)

Now issues with this are that sometimes it won't allow a triple boot without eating one of them. However this is rare.

Hard Way

(this way works best, as it literally works with you)

1. Install Windows 
    1. While installing go to partition manager
    2. Set the partition to around 333.33GB
    3. Continue installation
  2. Install Mint
    1. While installing, on how to install click the option for custom partitions
    2. Set a new partition to 333.33GB like Windows
    3. Continue with installation
  3. Install Kali
    1. Same as Windows and Linux Mint
    2. Set the size to 333.33GB 
    3. Continue
  4. Once all are installed make sure ALL of them work properly.

General info (Not 100% important tbh)

Now boot loader is rather unnecessary, but not completely, just make sure the one you need most often boots first, or at least know which button to hit to switch between operating systems. Be sure to keep an eye on each install as triple booting can cause errors in the disk, even though very rare, has happened to me on triple boot systems (as they sometimes don't play nicely). Make sure none of them devour another OS (which is rare but I know people who had this happen). Also general rule of multi-booting in general (duel boot, triple boot, quad boot, etc), never try to run multiple OS's at once, even though it is TECHNICALLY possible, it is a pain in the butt and not worth it for any situation.

Hi!, Im used to install linux mint or ubuntu in a dual boot config with windows being the first OS installed on the hard drive. I dont remember anything hard o specific about this, the bootloader works fine installing linux after windows. But now I need to use linux mint debian edition for college and my windows laptop is running really slow.  So I want to format the hard drive and instal linux mint debian edition, kali linux (im learning the use of crunch,aircrack and some other kali stuff)  I know I probably could install those features on mint but I dont know how to so for me its easier to install kali, and then install windows If I want to, just to let a game running overnight doing some kind of automatic low resource farming(Black Desert Online). 

What would be the easiest way to install mint,kali and windows without messing a lot with the bootloader

Before actually working on this I highly recommend at LEAST a terabyte of storage. This way you aren't limited too much. Now the steps of doing this are rather easy. There is a hard way (which even a beginner can do with a guide) and the easy way (that might not wanna work with you sometimes).

Easy Way

1. Install Windows
  2. Install Mint (when it talks about disc ask to install along-side Windows)
  3. Install Kali (again ask it to install along side those two)

Now issues with this are that sometimes it won't allow a triple boot without eating one of them. However this is rare.

Hard Way

(this way works best, as it literally works with you)

1. Install Windows 
    1. While installing go to partition manager
    2. Set the partition to around 333.33GB
    3. Continue installation
  2. Install Mint
    1. While installing, on how to install click the option for custom partitions
    2. Set a new partition to 333.33GB like Windows
    3. Continue with installation
  3. Install Kali
    1. Same as Windows and Linux Mint
    2. Set the size to 333.33GB 
    3. Continue
  4. Once all are installed make sure ALL of them work properly.

General info (Not 100% important tbh)

Now boot loader is rather unnecessary, but not completely, just make sure the one you need most often boots first, or at least know which button to hit to switch between operating systems. Be sure to keep an eye on each install as triple booting can cause errors in the disk, even though very rare, has happened to me on triple boot systems (as they sometimes don't play nicely). Make sure none of them devour another OS (which is rare but I know people who had this happen). Also general rule of multi-booting in general (duel boot, triple boot, quad boot, etc), never try to run multiple OS's at once, even though it is TECHNICALLY possible, it is a pain in the butt and not worth it for any situation.

Yes I have 1 tb exactly right now, but I have another free slot to add some more. I have read that of one os devouring another and I thought it was really rare/weird too.  Thanks a lot! ?

2 minutes ago, zedsdeath said:

Yes I have 1 tb exactly right now, but I have another free slot to add some more. I have read that of one os devouring another and I thought it was really rare/weird too.  Thanks a lot! ?

Good luck, if there are any errors, feel free to DM me! There shouldn't be any but if anything comes up I might be able to help!

Have a good one!