Computer detecting wrong RAM speed

I have 8GB of DDR3 Team Dark RAM that is supposed to be clocked at 1600MHz, but in my task manager it is only showing 667MHz instead of the 800MHz that it is. I went into the BIOS and changed it so it was was recognized as 1600MHz and when I save and exit and go back to the Task Manager is shows the same thing. I did install CPU-Z to double check and its showing an ungodly amount of speed. Anyone know what is going on?

I am running Windows 8.1 with a Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD3

AMD FX-8350 | Corsair H80i | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3  | 2x EVGA 760 4GB SC ACX | Corsair 750D | SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 128GB | Corsair CX750M 

if in the bios it works then its fine. dont worry about it there is nothing wrong. assuming windows recognizes the full 8Gb

Usually the task manager isn't accurate when it comes to ram speed. CPU-Z though, is a different story lol. Try updating the BIOS

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I have 8GB of DDR3 Team Dark RAM that is supposed to be clocked at 1600MHz, but in my task manager it is only showing 667MHz instead of the 800MHz that it is. I went into the BIOS and changed it so it was was recognized as 1600MHz and when I save and exit and go back to the Task Manager is shows the same thing. I did install CPU-Z to double check and its showing an ungodly amount of speed. Anyone know what is going on?

I am running Windows 8.1 with a Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD3

you set the RAM profile via the XMP profile or manually change the speed and timings?

my UD3 rev3.0 has no inkling of what a XMP profile is and had to manually set the timings

and speed (best practice)

you set the RAM profile via the XMP profile or manually change the speed and timings?

my UD3 rev3.0 has no inkling of what a XMP profile is and had to manually set the timings

and speed (best practice)

I used the XMP profile

AMD FX-8350 | Corsair H80i | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3  | 2x EVGA 760 4GB SC ACX | Corsair 750D | SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 128GB | Corsair CX750M 

I used the XMP profile

try and go back and change the values manually. i'd run across this a bit back on the

UD3, but when i went to CH5FZ the XMP register worked fine. so the giggy UEFI for

XMP is not trusty. also, the BIOS update from FB to FC did clear some RAM issues

(1600 only to 1866 usable)

Clear your CMOS and re-configure your settings.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.