Android 5.0 Update

So i got an old Xperia Aqua m4, and yes i know, its old, But thats because my other phone died on me and i cant seem to get it to work. Anyways, this phone sadly only got 8gb internal storage and android uses about 4gb of that while all the pre-installed apps take up about 1-2gb. So i only get like 1-2gb usable storage. I do got an sd card in it thats on 64gb and im wondering if there are any way to set that sd card to the internal storage? Ive seen people doing it easily but they all say i need at least android 6.0 (marshmallow or something), but my phone only got 5.0 and i doesnt seem to update to the recent one. So im wondering If it even is possible for me to set the SD card to the internal storage AND IF NOT, how can i upgrade to androind 6.0? Ive considerd rooting my phone, but i wanna make sure there arent any other way i can try before i try rooting it.

Honestly, with the time I played with it setting it up (my mom had it), I didn't see the feature, I don't think there is a way to do that.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Honestly, with the time I played with it setting it up (my mom had it), I didn't see the feature, I don't think there is a way to do that.

So rooting seems to be the only way? Ive seen some people online being able to update their m4 aqua to android 6.0

Just now, DankDeuxez said:

So rooting seems to be the only way? Ive seen some people online being able to update their m4 aqua to android 6.0

I'm not sure how Sony OTA work, but 6.0 is released for the phone, so if there is no chance to update it with OTA, try with cable? I'm sure Sony has some PC program to update their phones, in case OTA doesn't work/wasn't released.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

I'm not sure how Sony OTA work, but 6.0 is released for the phone, so if there is no chance to update it with OTA, try with cable? I'm sure Sony has some PC program to update their phones, in case OTA doesn't work/wasn't released.

Ive so far found this:

image.png.dcec5c17812a3be924445a90de0521ef.png

Seems promising so far..

https://support.sonymobile.com/sa-en/xperia-companion/

Well that helped me with the android verison. I got 6.0.1 now. Tho i still dont see an option for my SD to be internal storage. Do i still need to root it?