New RAM, PC Won't Boot

BigChobbs

I bought new RAM, GSkill Trident Z 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz c16, but when I slotted it in, nothing happened. All the fans spin, the LEDs light up and the computer is on, but nothing shows up on my monitor. I tried both DP and HDMI and still nothing. Slotted my old ram in and everything came on just fine, so i'm assuming its the ram. I have a ryzen 5 2600 in an asus prime a320m-k (yes I know its shit, getting a new mobo soon). Could the motherboard be the problem? I heard the a320 chipset only supports ram up to 2666mhz, but I assumed it would just run the ram at 2666 instead of 3200 rather than not work at all?

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

What are your full specs?

Besides what I have already stated, I have a 1060 3gb and 8 gb (2x4) corsair 2400mhz 

Just now, BigChobbs said:

Besides what I have already stated, I have a 1060 3gb and 8 gb (2x4) corsair 2400mhz 

Check your motherboard's QVL and see if G.Skill TridentZ is on there.

Motherboards can be picky in different ways, but Asus boards will almost never post if the memory isn't on their QVL.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Check your motherboard's QVL and see if G.Skill TridentZ is on there.

Motherboards can be picky in different ways, but Asus boards will almost never post if the memory isn't on their QVL.

No its not, i found F4-3200C16D-16GTZR, but mine is the same except a b instead of an r at the end.

1 minute ago, BigChobbs said:

No its not, i found F4-3200C16D-16GTZR, but mine is the same except a b instead of an r at the end.

It's still fundamentally the same RAM though as far as I know...

Is your BIOS up to date?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

It's still fundamentally the same RAM though as far as I know...

Is your BIOS up to date?

I don't know, I don't know a whole lot about the details, only the basics of computers. I can't even get the bios with the new ram installed, I'll put the old one back in and see.

Well I found the solution, it's to stop being such a moron, and start paying more attention to what i'm doing. The DIMMs weren't full seated and that's it. I heard the click and thought it was in but it was just the little clip thing. When I put my old ram in to check the bios, I heard a much louder click along side the smaller one from the catches. The new ram for whatever reason needed a fair bit more pressure. Thanks for your help anyway.