Losing Video Signal

tristan1035

Specs: Windows 10 (64 Bit), i7 3770K, Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD5H, 16GB Ram, MSI Aero GTX 1080, XFX 750 Watt PSU

I've been having this issue for the past 2 months now where whenever I get into a game my computer seems to crash but not really, the monitors (I have two) both lose connection to the GPU but I still hear music from the game. This isn't as soon as I launch a game either, the game will load perfectly fine but as soon as it enters the main menu that is when it cuts the signal, I've tried this on multiple games as well and the issue persists. 

Now, I've replaced my MSI R9 390X hoping that was the issue, it wasn't, I tried running on only one monitor (either one), it wasnt, I've tried replacing the cables (PSU and video cables), still no, I've tried a different PCI-e slot, still not working, I even reset my entire PC, deleting everything starting from square one, still broken. My best guess now is that it's the motherboard and I'm shit out of luck, but if anyone can think of something I'm honestly all ears.

PS: I have watched and even recorded my GPU, CPU, and motherboard temps/load to see if maybe there was a culprit but nothing out of the ordinary sadly

Does it happen on your integrated graphics?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Have you tried to update bios on mobo? https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z77X-UD5H-rev-10#support-dl-bios

Maybe try this - if anything it updates your displayports https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT with custom 3D printed AIO mount, X62 | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15