PC Not Booting.. Motherboard issue?

KSP

Hi guys,

So I recently upgraded my PC from a 7700K and Maximus IX Formula to 9700K and Maximus XI Code. However, after installing everything and pressing the power button, the PC won’t boot. The lights on my motherboard and keyboard turn on, so they’re receiving power, but when I hit the power button, the PC turns on for the slightest fraction of a second, then turns off. I assume that my issue doesn’t have to do with my RAM or the cables such as SATA cables, Fan cables, and USB cables, so that means my issue probably lies with my power cables, CPU cooler, or CPU/motherboard itself. Am I right to assume this? What should I try to do next?

Full specs in signature.

Thanks!

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

Good chance your BIOS has to be updated to support the 9700k. Unfortunately you can't do this without another CPU that is supported by the current BIOS.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

1 minute ago, Votivee said:

Good chance your BIOS has to be updated to support the 9700k. Unfortunately you can't do this without another CPU that is supported by the current BIOS.

I thought the Maximus XI boards were designed for Intel’s 9th gen CPUs? And would this prevent the PC as a whole from turning on?

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |