100% disk usage at idle

mockedarche

So my external hard drive keeps having 100% and then the moment I touch my mouse it stops down to 0%. Kinda spooky so I scanned my whole pc and it found nothing. Has windows decided sort my drive or something? Never had this issue or experience prior to around a week ago.

Is it in task manager the disk is at 100%? I hope you didn't install windows on the external HDD. Have you been thinking about an external SSD?

MSI GTX 1070, i7-6700k and alot of Corsair. CORSAIR! I ? CORSAIR!! Best gaming brand EVER!

2 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

Is it in task manager the disk is at 100%? I hope you didn't install windows on the external HDD. Have you been thinking about an external SSD?

Windows is installed on my internal ssd. the external hard drive is just a storage drive. The usage is shown via rain meter windows 10 widgets. ITS NOT A FALSE READING as process lasso and task manager have shown the same thing (I checked after seeing it on the widget) I also hear the hard drive working. It goes away as soon as I touch my mouse.

Just checked aka left task manager open while I went to do stuff. I have 4 discs in my pc. Task manager read 25% disk usage and the widget said 100%. Meaning the hard drive is being used. The thing is task manager showed no task using it (had disk selected to show highest to lowest) nothing was using it. NO PROGRAM AT ALL. i'm assuming the disk is maybe caching or degrading its self. i'm kind of lost anyone able to give any information. I'd love to give screen shots but as I said it stops as soon as I touch my mouse.