Wraith Stealth vs HYPER 103

Exaco
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

The Hyper 103 is better than the Wraith Stealth. You can see relative performance here: 

2 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

However, make sure you have the right mounting hardware. The 103 looks old, meaning it may not have support for AM4 mounting. (according to CMs site it is NOT compatible with the AM4 socket)

The AM4 mounts aren't included out of the box but you should be able to get them from Cooler Master.

It's not listed in the specs on the product page but you can see the AM4 bracket in the manual.

Hello guys, which cooler is better? Not sure if Hyper 103 will fit.
I not going to buy it, just i thought i could use it from my old PC.

I'd estimate the hyper 103 to be a slightly better cooler.

However, make sure you have the right mounting hardware. The 103 looks old, meaning it may not have support for AM4 mounting. (according to CMs site it is NOT compatible with the AM4 socket)

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

depends on the application I run the stock cooler on my ryzen 1600 and have a 3.9 overclock on it and its fine don't think you need a aftermarket cooler unless you really want to push the cpu or your case has low air flow

1 hour ago, jonrosalia said:

depends on the application I run the stock cooler on my ryzen 1600 and have a 3.9 overclock on it and its fine don't think you need a aftermarket cooler unless you really want to push the cpu or your case has low air flow

Yeah, esepcially when its gonna be +200% performance increase i probs wont even need to OC for some time as im still gonna be blown away by its performance.
Probs just gonna test stock first and will see how much room for OC i got.

The Hyper 103 is better than the Wraith Stealth. You can see relative performance here: 

2 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

The AM4 mounts aren't included out of the box but you should be able to get them from Cooler Master.

It's not listed in the specs on the product page but you can see the AM4 bracket in the manual.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.