Free Replacement of MasterWatt Lite 500 or Buy Corsair CX 550?

•  
I'm having trouble deciding whether to free replace the MasterWatt Lite 500 or buy a new PSU. This is a quick run down of what happened :

The computer shut off on it's own, When I switched it back on, it tripped the mains of my home. When I reset the mains and Powered the PC on again, there was a spark where the Power Cord connects to the PSU. PC has been dead since.
Since I was under warranty ( 2 years since I bought it) I took it to shop and they said they'll replace it free of charge.

So my Question is are there any PSUs that are Vastly better than the MW Lite, only then I am willing to spend the money on a new one. If its marginally better then I might as well use the free replacement.
My PC : Core i5 7400
Msi RX 470 4GB Gaming X OCd to 1350/1750.
8GB Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz.
One Case fan and no SSDs.

Here's a list of all PSUs available in my region : 
https://mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/search&sort=p.price&order=ASC&search=Power+supply&category_id=68

My max budget is 4500.

42 minutes ago, IzzyWizzy said:

So my Question is are there any PSUs that are Vastly better than the MW Lite, only then I am willing to spend the money on a new one. If its marginally better then I might as well use the free replacement.

Assuming they won't give you a full refund, take the replacement for the Masterwatt Lite. Sell it. Buy something that is actually decent. You won't have to try very hard to find something that is vastly superior to the Masterwatt Lite.
If the CX550 is available within your budget then that would be a good choice.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, IzzyWizzy said:
  • So my Question is are there any PSUs that are Vastly better than the MW Lite, only then I am willing to spend the money on a new one.

Almost everything on the market is VASTLY better than the MW Lite.  Even the MWE is VASTLY better.

Are they really only able to give you a one to one replacement?

6 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Are they really only able to give you a one to one replacement?

They said that MWL 500W isn't available these days and I'll get a 550 W model. IIRC there aren't any MWL 550 models so I might get the MWE 550. 

37 minutes ago, IzzyWizzy said:

They said that MWL 500W isn't available these days and I'll get a 550 W model. IIRC there aren't any MWL 550 models so I might get the MWE 550. 

Come back when you find out what they're actually going to give you.  ;)

Hopefully it's not the Elite 550W (the only option actually WORSE than the Lite).

Come back when you find out what they're actually going to give you

Okay. Should I post here or make a new thread?

Hopefully it's not the Elite 550W (the only option actually WORSE than the Lite).

No I'll just not accept that. The Elite costs cheaper so I'll just not accept.

Also there are Two models of CoolerMaster MWE 550, one is the normal MWE and another is MWE 80+ Bronze. Apart from efficiency , do they differ in any way?