Best way to play files to Bose Wave?

FurdTurgeson

Hey all,

I currently have a Bose Wave system, model awrcc1, set up in my room, and I love the sound. I also have about 250 GB of 24-bit flac files that I have stored on an external drive.

I also have them stored in a microSD card in my s8, and I use that as my daily driver, but I would also like to listen to them out loud with my Bose Wave system.

What would be the best way to play these files on my Bose Wave system? It has a front CD slot, and I know it's supports those special file CDs, where doesn't have to meet the 80 minutes proportions and you can just put files on there and burn them and it plays kind of thing, but I don't want to burn through a bunch of CDs (pun intended), and also that would only be 16 bit flac.

I have tried using a Samsung S3 mini and a moto g 2013 as sort of like an iPod, because then I can control it from my desk with the TeamViewer mobile host app, but I'm not satisfied with the sound quality, laggyness, using TeamViewer in its entirety, and the fact that both of those devices only support 16 bit audio out of there headphone jacks.

Is there a way to hook up the hard drive to some sort of player and output to 24 bit through 3.5 mm? Is there some other way that I haven't thought of?

2 minutes ago, Saksham said:

does the awrcc1 not have an aux port?

Yes it does, that's why I mentioned using an older phone to play the files on a microSD card, but it only outputs 16 bit, while my files are 24 bit. It's also really hard to control remotely.

there are a couple of ways you could do this. you could get a bluetooth adapted by fiio or b and o like the fiio BTR3 which uses aptx and LDAC and control music VIa your phone. you could buy a DAP that plays 24 bit ad FLAC files. you could get a cheaper dac like a topping d10 and get a really long rca to 3.5 mm cable and hook it up like that to your pc. and play music that way.