Overclocking

Go to solution Solved by Damien19721508,

well i think i fixed it, my computer started to BSOD randomly and then it wouldnt boot it would just BSOD before reaching the windows log in screen even i reset all settings to default then I downladed the latest BIOS version and since then everything is back to normal.

So yesterday I went into my Bios to check that my overclock settings were all correct as i noticed my Asrock settings stated that one of my setting were different to my bios settings but when i went into the bios it had indeed changed so i changed it back my cpu is a 8700k clocked at 4.9ghz with cache ratio set to 4.9 but it was on auto so i set it back but then when i booted into windows the cpu kept running at 800mhz so i set it to default then it ran at normal 4.4ghz then i tried to set my overclock profile back in the bios but then it ran at 800mhz so i reset it to default and it ran at 4.4 again then I flashed the bios and it seemed to work for the overclock but then when I set the voltage from auto to 1.25 and booted it ran at 800mhz so then i tried one of the preset overclocks in the bios and it worked when booting into windows but i do not use the preset as the voltage for 4.7 is at 1.36 and i run at 4.9 with 1.26 so its too hot for my comfort but then i tried my overclock i got the same result as before with it being stuck at 800mhz then i reset to default and it was fine then i tried my overclock again and got the same result but after many attempts of restarting and reapplying my overclock it just randomly started working again and its now back at 4.9 with cache at 4.9 o. 1.25v but im not sure what was causing my issue has anyone else experienced this or know what might have been causing it ?

Punctuation, please!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

33 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Punctuation, please!

Im not good at it, I might just make things harder to understand.

I noticed when I set my CPU Vcore max limit to 1.25V in bios it would cause my 8700k to run at 800mhz, but if I set the voltage to constant 1.25V it runs at 4.9Ghz, so I am unsure why one setting causes the CPU to underclock even if its the same voltage as the constant. But when its sets to constant it still fluctuates lower than 1.25V but its also able to run at 4.9Ghz with the cache ratio at 4.9 too. I don't know if I just don't understand how this power setting works or If I have some faulty hardware or a software bug ? 

I hope someone can shed some light on this mystery.

well i think i fixed it, my computer started to BSOD randomly and then it wouldnt boot it would just BSOD before reaching the windows log in screen even i reset all settings to default then I downladed the latest BIOS version and since then everything is back to normal.