I Need A New Tn Monitor.

orangecat

I have a LG Flatron W2253V and its a pretty nice monitor it may not be a DELL UltraSharp but its still fairly nice for a 200$ monitor. I also have a Acer X193W that is a alright monitor for 100$ in 2010. In my opinion my Acer is brighter and looks better. The LG is a IPS type monitor but I don't know exactly what type it is. I know the Acer is a TN for sure there is no doubt. I can't get over the TN monitor it just looks better for gaming and such. I want to find a 120Hz LED backlit monitor that meets these requirements...

Requirements:

1. Must be a matte bezel I can't stand glossy.

2. Must use a Matte or Glass cover on the panel no plastic glossy.

3. Must be good quality I don't want the stand creaking or wobbling around like my LG this is one thing the Acer has over the LG big time.

4. Must be 1920x1080/1200 or 2560x1440/1600.

5. The monitor must be 24-27 inches.

6. the monitor must have either DVI, HDMI or Display port.

7. Must have actual buttons for on screen menu I will not deal with touch buttons ever again.

8. Must be 120+Hz.

Thanks in advance.

They aren't too many 120/144hz monitors and the asus ones have glossy bezels so pretty much you are left with the BenQ XL2420T which from what I here is a very nice 120hz monitor. Also 1080p is the highest resolution for "official" 120hz panels. 

oops forgot the link- http://us.ncix.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=66305&vpn=XL2420T&manufacture=BenQ&promoid=1371

Like Emperor_Piehead said, the BenQ XL2420T is a great monitor, highly regarded by most users as one of the best 120hz gaming monitors. I've been using one for about 8 months and would strongly recommend it to many one. Out of the box the colors are a bit off (purple tint), but if you have a monitor color calibrator or just do a quick search for color settings other people are using it looks great once tweaked a bit. The bezel and the screen are both a matte finish, although strangely the inner bevel on the bezel is a bit glossy and sometimes reflects the colors coming from the edge of the monitor. It really isn't an issue, but seems like a stupid design flaw.

Like Emperor_Piehead said, the BenQ XL2420T is a great monitor, highly regarded by most users as one of the best 120hz gaming monitors. I've been using one for about 8 months and would strongly recommend it to many one. Out of the box the colors are a bit off (purple tint), but if you have a monitor color calibrator or just do a quick search for color settings other people are using it looks great once tweaked a bit. The bezel and the screen are both a matte finish, although strangely the inner bevel on the bezel is a bit glossy and sometimes reflects the colors coming from the edge of the monitor. It really isn't an issue, but seems like a stupid design flaw.

I agree with VitalSyntax and Emperor_Piehead

And hello there Vital. Subbed to your Youtube Channel.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz