Programming Faq

majorawsome

I honestly have no idea why you're being stubborn about changing some of the things on this post. Someone blatantly told you that Android doesn't use Javascript as it's main language, and you point to an article from a website I'm sure many people haven't heard of. On the official Android website (android.com) it clearly tells you that apps are written in Java (as well as a quick Google search) . All of our posts asking you to edit any mistakes out are  only there to help. Your intentions are good, but you could be seriously misleading people with inaccurate information.  I think there is a lot to be improved in this thread, especially if you're going to be pushing people towards it. 

PS: "Normally Android applications are written in Java" - 2nd sentence in paragraph two in the link you posted

Sorry, I thought it did.

Do you want to know what grinds my gears?
The old forum.

Updated for better tutorials. Please give me links to more!
And sorry if I appeared to be "crabby" to anyone I don't really mean to I just express my opinion quite extremely.

The old forum.

Best c++ starter tutorial online - dat_guy

More advanced:

Done.

The old forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the tutorials section with Zonked's thread.

The old forum.

Does anyone have any web development advice that they would like to input? I want to add a section for that.

The old forum.

Started Web Development section, HTML added.

The old forum.

Does anyone have any web development advice that they would like to input? I want to add a section for that.

What kind of things are you looking for? I can probably get around to doing a write up later on. Like, how much detail do you want yo go into about different aspects. Obviously there's HTML and CSS which aren't programming languages per se, but should probably be included anyway for completeness, but then there's also JavaScript, PHP, Ruby, etc.

Basic server setup may also be useful. Even though it's not programming, it's pretty important for web dev, and so just a brief mention of how to get started with it, and perhaps a couple of links may be worthwhile.

Web development is kind of 'my thing', so I should be able to cover pretty much anything you want information for.

What kind of things are you looking for? I can probably get around to doing a write up later on. Like, how much detail do you want yo go into about different aspects. Obviously there's HTML and CSS which aren't programming languages per se, but should probably be included anyway for completeness, but then there's also JavaScript, PHP, Ruby, etc.

Basic server setup may also be useful. Even though it's not programming, it's pretty important for web dev, and so just a brief mention of how to get started with it, and perhaps a couple of links may be worthwhile.

Web development is kind of 'my thing', so I should be able to cover pretty much anything you want information for.

All of it :) but you can do sections at a time. I am getting into web development also, Python and Django so we can split up some of the work.

The old forum.

All of it :) but you can do sections at a time. I am getting into web development also, Python and Django so we can split up some of the work.

Sure, Ruby is something that I'm just getting into too, so that's not something that I'm too knowledgeable about just yet. I'll probably hold off on that one for a while at least, but I'll try and get around to doing a quick write up on the rest of the things that I mentioned after work. It might be a day or two though, depending on how busy I am :)