intel i5-4440 no turbo clock

Go to solution Solved by KarathKasun,

If you hit more than 1-2 cores it will drop back to base clocks or maybe base + 100mhz.

If your motherboard and cooling is not decent, it will drop back to base with any kind of hard load due to power/temp restrictions present in the BIOS that you can not change.

So i have a pc with a pretty old i5-4440 and I haven't given it a lot of attention until now. I just recently realized that it is running at the rated turbo clock (3.3 Ghz)

When under no load and when hit with any kind of load it jumps back to base clock (3.1 Ghz). Is there any easy way to fix this? I am planning on building a new rig anyway so i don't want to spend anything on this (like a new cooler, new power supply, etc).

(Prebuilt system except for the graphics card which I installed)

Specs:

-intel i5 4440

-gtx 1060 6gb Gigabyte OC

- MB: H81M-A

-8 GB kingston DDR3 RAM

-580 Watt power supply (HKC ups5580)

-intel stock cooler

If you hit more than 1-2 cores it will drop back to base clocks or maybe base + 100mhz.

If your motherboard and cooling is not decent, it will drop back to base with any kind of hard load due to power/temp restrictions present in the BIOS that you can not change.

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Right that would make sense since my cooler is pretty crappy... Thanks for the quick reply and the explanation. Cheers