GPU upgrade or PS4

Go to solution Solved by Bouzoo,

Either way that 1660Ti will run better Cyberpunk than PS4 Slim, if the rest of the system is solid. Imo the upgrade from 1660Ti to 2060 is not worth it. If exclusives are important for you I'd go with PS4 since, as mentioned, the upgrade is not that big (unless you want RTX which is gives too big of a performance hit on 2060 if you ask me).

This probably is an unpopular opinion since this forums is mostly PCs and hates consoles.

Hey guys,

I'm currently running a 1660ti on my PC. I was wondering if I should save up money and buy a PS4 slim for the exclusives or upgrade to rtx 2060.

I have no problems running games @60fps 1080p

But I'm concerned about whether id be able to achieve similar performance in  2020 titles like Cyberpunk & etc .

If the 1660ti can last 2020 with running games @solid 60 on High - medium settings then I'll definitely buy the PS4 for it's exclusives.

so what do you guys think?

Either way that 1660Ti will run better Cyberpunk than PS4 Slim, if the rest of the system is solid. Imo the upgrade from 1660Ti to 2060 is not worth it. If exclusives are important for you I'd go with PS4 since, as mentioned, the upgrade is not that big (unless you want RTX which is gives too big of a performance hit on 2060 if you ask me).

This probably is an unpopular opinion since this forums is mostly PCs and hates consoles.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

if you're upgrading after only a few months, that's an incredible waste of money especially if it's currently suiting your needs.

you should only upgrade once it's no longer doing what you want it to

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

You're right

I'll stick with the 1660ti. Maybe buy a PS4 if there are more confirmed exclusives coming out.

Thanks for your advice.

If you were planning on still upgrading your GPU, I'd shoot higher than a 2060 if you already have a 1660 TI.

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2429?vs=2372

It's not really much of an upgrade.  I'd probably shoot for a 2080 (if your budget allows for it).

But as mentioned above, if you're getting good performance with your gpu, just grab a ps4 for the exclusives and worry about your gpu later.