Sony's Next Generation Dev-50v Binoculars Is Here

Jozi

With DEV-50V, Sony stays true to its plan to bring binoculars into the digital age. The DEV-5 series introduced digital technology into the typically analog product, bringing image sensors, autofocus, electronic viewfinders and 3D video recording to the table.

The new model is 30 percent smaller than its predecessor, weights less than 800 grams and, according to Sony, it’s dust- and rain-proof. Among its highlights are the HD and 3D movie recording, the autofocus and the optical image stabilization. Its zoom lenses ranges from 0.8X to 12X and its digital zoom capacity reaches to 25X.

capsule_DEV-50V_BK-sm_610x396.jpg.jpeg

The greatest improvement, though, is in the electronic viewfinder field, since the older 852x480 LCD is replaced by a OLED display with 1024x768 resolution. Additionally, its twin Exmor R image sensors have a 5.4-megapixel resolution, an improvement over the previous model’s 4.2-megapixel. Like its predecessor, DEV-50V comes with GPS on board for geotagged videos and photos.

The only drawback is the price tag, as the DEV-50V binoculars cost no less than a whopping $2000. This toy for voyuers goes on sale in June.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

• 2 weeks later...

Great for stalkers, I presume.

CPU: i5-3570 (Not k because I was noob)

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz

MOBO: ASUS P8Z77M PRO

GPU: Gigabyte 660ti OC Edition

SSD: Corsair Neutron 120gb

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Case: Corsair Carbide 500R White

PSU: CM GX750W Bronze (Temporary, planning for Antec 650 Earthwatts Plat.)

good for hiding from the police at night... not that i do that anyway

Character artist in the Games industry.

I'd rather they drop the 3d recording and get better cameras. decent phones have 13MP cameras, and at 2000 dollars this should be able to have 2.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB