Looking for a graphics card for hp Z420

NasalEye

Hi

A few months ago I posted that I was looking to buy HP Z420 but I didn’t know what graphics card I could put in it. Recently I have bought and received the HP z420 and found out after opening it that it has 2 6-pin pcie power connectors. I saw that some companies make 6 to 8 pin adapters but wanted to know if they are reliable. 

PSU is rated for 600 watts and from what I can see on the PSU label (I’m not very good at reading PSU labels), each 6 pin connector is on its own 12 volt power rail each rated at 18 amps. Also I saw that HP made an adapter for 6 to 8 pin pcie power but they are crazy expensive used on eBay. 

I haven’t looked much at GPU options. I was thinking of buying a used gtx 1070 Founders Edition for 1080p gaming (I know that it is overkill but I am trying to future proof) I play games like Cities skylines and world of warships and would like to play at high to ultra. Budget of 230$ If you want to give a gpu recommendation.

Current PC specs:

Xeon E5-1620

32gb ecc 1600 ddr3 (4gb x ?

crucial mx500 500gb ssd 

4tb wd blue

Msi Radeon hd 7770

600 watt PSU 

Any ideas/recommendations are appreciated 

Thanks

I think a 1070 would be a good match for this. otherwise you could get a used 570/580. could you post a picture of the psu label ? that could help 

Thanks for the quick reply 

G1 and G2 are each of the 6 pin connectors 

image.jpg