2 1050 it with x1pci and x16 pci fps drops?

if i where to add a nother gtx 1050 ti same as the other one i have will thme both have the same speed if one is connected via x1 pci-e and the othe via pci x16?

i have 2 gpus curently but some video players are giving me an fps drop on my second - older card if i buy a second 1050 will it be the same

(i will use an adapter from x1 to x16 pci-e)

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

What are the full system specs?

And i dont think running 2 GPUs is the solution here at all

hp elite 8000 motherboard , i want to run 6 monitors for movie watching. i have the 1050 ti and the gt 710, the 710 is slower so i see an fps drop in the connected monitors. if i buy another 1050 Ti(same model) will it solve it, and be connected via adapter.

13 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

Agree. The 1050ti dose not have sli support right?

i wont sli..its not for gaming just same speed gpu's for monitors

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

just get yourself a Displaycard

https://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-Radeon-7750-GDDR5-MiniDP/dp/B00C7EPSVS/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=radeon+7750&qid=1559923151&s=electronics&sr=1-2

something like this and then have the 1050ti as the decoder. 

Too expensive, the 1050 ti costs 140 and the splitter around 50-60...would not go that route

24 minutes ago, Katsu. said:

hp elite 8000 motherboard , i want to run 6 monitors for movie watching. i have the 1050 ti and the gt 710, the 710 is slower so i see an fps drop in the connected monitors. if i buy another 1050 Ti(same model) will it solve it, and be connected via adapter.

First off, why do you need six monitors to watch a movie?

Second, running a 1050 Ti through a PCIe x1 connection is going to be a massive waste of time and money. You might as well use a GT 730 at that point.

If you're looking to run six monitors, you'll probably need something like the HD 7750 that came out forever ago with five (?) Mini-DP connectors on it and nothing else, but those are crazy expensive these days. There's probably a more modern Quadro or FirePro out there with six ports on it, but those are probably even more expensive than the ancient 7750. Your best option is probably a new TV, tbqh.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

First off, why do you need six monitors to watch a movie?

Second, running a 1050 Ti through a PCIe x1 connection is going to be a massive waste of time and money. You might as well use a GT 730 at that point.

If you're looking to run six monitors, you'll probably need something like the HD 7750 that came out forever ago with five (?) Mini-DP connectors on it and nothing else, but those are crazy expensive these days. There's probably a more modern Quadro or FirePro out there with six ports on it, but those are probably even more expensive than the ancient 7750. Your best option is probably a new TV, tbqh.

wait so a pci x16 1050 to a pci x1 port (via adapter) will make a performance difference???

will a pci x16 to x1 make a performance difference?

37 minutes ago, Katsu. said:

Too expensive, the 1050 ti costs 140 and the splitter around 50-60...would not go that route

you will need external powerconnectors so get a cheaper, and better rx 570 instead. 

1 minute ago, Katsu. said:

not really, but i dont think you can power the GTX 1050ti through a 1x slot. so you will need powerconnectors. better of picking the faster and cheaper rx 570

Ok and for the 5 to 6 ports? a splitter?

17 minutes ago, Katsu. said:

Ok and for the 5 to 6 ports? a splitter?

or just adapt them. 

you have 3+4 outputs when using an rx 570 and gtx 1050ti

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

or just adapt them. 

you have 3+4 outputs when using an rx 570 and gtx 1050ti

so i will use an adaptor for it right?

i have only 2 slots  pci x16  and  pci x1

4 minutes ago, Katsu. said:

so i will use an adaptor for it right?

i have only 2 slots  pci x16  and  pci x1

You dont need to if the slot has an open end, otherwise you would need to. 

if it doent is it posible to just cut it 
carefully of course

4 hours ago, Katsu. said:

Yes. A PCIe x1 slot cannot carry anywhere near the same bandwidth as an x16. Beyond that, the 1050 Ti doesn't support SLI and it's just not an efficient, cost-effective solution to your problem. I don't think it's even really a solution. The old 6-port HD 7750 might be it.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

12 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Yes. A PCIe x1 slot cannot carry anywhere near the same bandwidth as an x16. Beyond that, the 1050 Ti doesn't support SLI and it's just not an efficient, cost-effective solution to your problem. I don't think it's even really a solution. The old 6-port HD 7750 might be it.

yes but the speed difference is big tho

cuz i do have a old gpu (710) speed differevce is quite noticeable. watching movies and so

Question, if i were to use an adapter that also has a power cable, will it have the same performance????710i5hzl2yl._sl1500_.thumb.jpg.9c368622b8737960623fffac638c1b7f.jpg

It will have the same performance as a 1x pci slot. Better off cutting the end of the slot on the board than wasting time with a riser like that. Then you’ll have to mount the card somewhere else too. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

so what if i BUY a new motherboard with 2 pci x16?