For whatever reason, one of my Boxee Box's (I have 2, both models DSM-380) went to the log in screen ... however it was telling me that it was connected to the network, but not the internet. I did a factory restore on it, however now in the set up for wired it says "An ethernet cord is plugged in, but configuration failed." and wireless says "Wireless network was connected, but Boxee can't connect to the Internet." It seems that within the last week, all the servers had been shut down (I'm assuming). 

I just want it to play my local content, which mostly consists of DVD rips (of my collection) in a .VOB format (or a 1 to 1 DVD copy). I'd also like to have it where it shows the information of the movie (or TV show) and also shows the cover. All the links I've seen for putting Kodi on the box seem to be dead links as well. What can I do with the system to be able to play my local content, either by a hack or some way to skip the "Internet" connection (since it connects to my local network) and the 'sign in' part?