Maybe a stupid question about getting display drivers installed on a 2700x build

98Redbird

I've had this issue in the past, and am planning another Ryzen build so I'm wondering how you're suppose to go about doing this.

Ryzen 2700x, GPU is a 2080 Ti.

The issue I had was bios was viewable. Windows installed, but then as soon as I booted into windows, loss of signal occurred to the monitor. Restart, bios viewable, windows starts to boot, loss of signal occurred. 

I'm assuming this was due to driver issues. Monitor was hooked up to the GPU. With no on board graphics with the 2700X, I have to rely on the GPU to display, but if the drivers need updated before I can get into windows and see my screen, how would I ever get the proper drivers installed? 

I assume I'm missing something easy, or am doing something wrong. 

4770k@4.7Ghz--Asus Sabertooth Z87--(2)GTX SC 780 (SLI)--Corsair Vengeance 16GB--Corsiar 860i--Samsung SSD 128GB X 2--Corsair 900d--Custom Water Cooled

Windows has generic display drivers that should work with all GPUs, just with limitations on performance and such. Did you try doing a reinstall or repair?

I'm pretty sure my purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.

Yes, and it did the same thing again.

I could only reinstall since I couldn’t see the screen to repair.

4770k@4.7Ghz--Asus Sabertooth Z87--(2)GTX SC 780 (SLI)--Corsair Vengeance 16GB--Corsiar 860i--Samsung SSD 128GB X 2--Corsair 900d--Custom Water Cooled

Can you try one of your 780's? See if that works?

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4