I Think my gpu is dead (ish)

ok so this might be a tad confusing.
so since i got this laptop (2018 sometime) games have crashed a lot when alt-tabbed, or when loading large maps in beamNG.drive and i will always get a generic gpu error.
i have the lattes drivers and i have tried ddu looked online for more info but nothing really useful came up.
today as suggested in a server was to try the Intel integrated graphics and do the same things that would crash the games in the past, i did some stuff that would normally crash the games and after about an hour of trying to crash the game it was fine, then i moved to map in beamNG which every time i even try to load it will crash the game, it loaded fine, so i went back to the gtx 1050 and tried the same things and bam the game crashed instantly and consistently. (i asked about and my laptop should be able to run all the games no problem)

so is there something up with my gpu, what can i do apart form return it (i have done some small upgrades  like new thermal paste and a ssd, i think that means ive lost my warranty)?
ill be happy to help you guys work this out so feel free to ask me some questions ect!

Tried fresh Windows installation? Which model and full specs?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Maybe you got a lemon. I'll suggest RMA it (if still under warranty)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

you think it will still be accepted as ive replaced the thermal paste?

7 minutes ago, Hans Dampf said:

you think it will still be accepted as ive replaced the thermal paste?

As long as you didn't damage anything then yes

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

ok then i should be fine, just need to take out the ssd and back up my stuff, oh and get a copy of windows on the old hhd cos i think they dont except returns without an os