Ryzen master edc

My edc is set to 125 but ryzen master says the max it can go is 168 so should I be setting it to 168?

EDC is a value that is for your motherboard VRMs power delivery I believe. Setting it to 168 pretty much says to let the CPU use as much current as it can from the motherboard VRMs. If the value is lighting up red at 100% that means the CPU is already maxing out the VRMs to increase its overclock. If its not at 100% , then it means you aren't maxing out the VRMs (there are other factors which will hold you back. Even if you set it to 168, you probably wont ever see it using that value. In my experience with my 2600x, the silicon/chip itself just cant clock any higher long before my EDC/motherboard VRM is maxed out). In my case my chip only really uses around 72% of my EDC of 168, meaning the chip only ever uses around 120 EDC of my max set 168. If you have crappy motherboard VRMs, maxing this value might put them under a lot of stress if you see it always pinned at 100% EDC (you would be asking for more power than the VRM can supply).

so in the case of my Ryzen 2600x, I have had every single value pretty much maxed out other than PPT which I believe is the wattage the CPU is allowed to pull because I see my temps are under control and my motherboard can handle it. I have mine set to 150 which is similar to the EDC in the sense that my CPU can't clock any higher well before the CPU could ever draw that much power so theres no sense in setting the value higher as it'll never use that much wattage.

So maxing out your EDC essentially says "use as much of the motherboard VRM as you can to increase my overclock". Whether the motherboard can actually meet that demand or uses it(or the chip can even take advantage) is dependent on the motherboard and CPU and the cooling. That at least my understanding. Keep in mind you are essentially letting the chip go as fast as it possibly can and AMD will not warranty the CPU or motherboard if pushing the VRMs far breaks something. I have run my purchased used 2600x for like 4-5 months with all values max without issue. AMD gives you a big pop-up explaining this and it reminds you everytime you launch Ryzen Master.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

28 minutes ago, Abhi1401 said:

My edc is set to 125 but ryzen master says the max it can go is 168 so should I be setting it to 168?

If cooling allows then increasing it could add performance with higher multipliers.  Do you have PBO setup and enabled in BIOS?  Which motherboard are you on?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case