different IP for internet forums?

Hey Guys!

Is it possible to have a changed IP for certain online forums without using VPNS?

If so then how do I do that?

thanks in advance,

BF109

4 minutes ago, BF109 said:

Hey Guys!

Is it possible to have a changed IP for certain online forums without using VPNS?

If so then how do I do that?

thanks in advance,

BF109

Um, most ISP's assign dynamic IP's based on the MAC address of your modem, or the MAC address of whatever device is connected to the modem if your ISP supports bridge mode. Which online forums did you get IP banned from? :P 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

Um, most ISP's assign dynamic IP's based on the MAC address of your modem, or the MAC address of whatever device is connected to the modem if your ISP supports bridge mode. Which online forums did you get IP banned from? :P 

I didnt get IP banned. I used to be on a Forum with an account with my real First name in  a very small community. For privacy reasons I made a new account. A few days later the forum's admin sent me an email asking me ,,why I made another account?"  and as proof told me the IP both of my accounts were accessing the website from, so he knows. This is unacceptable and I need to get this fixed. I dont want this to happen, so i need your help please, I really dont want to get an VPN

so how do i fix this?

8 minutes ago, BF109 said:

I didnt get IP banned. I used to be on a Forum with an account with my real First name in  a very small community. For privacy reasons I made a new account. A few days later the forum's admin sent me an email asking me ,,why I made another account?"  and as proof told me the IP both of my accounts were accessing the website from, so he knows. This is unacceptable and I need to get this fixed. I dont want this to happen, so i need your help please, I really dont want to get an VPN

Ah OK, that's fair enough reason to want to try to get back into the forum. You will need to contact your ISP to see what their policy is regarding IP addresses for your particular level of service.

Most residential services assign IPs dynamically upon boot up of your modem, based on the MAC address, and in most cases have NO WAY to manually just hand you another IP address. Sometimes you'll get a new public IP everytime you reboot, but most of the time your IP is "leased" (assigned) for a set period of time, and won't change unless the lease expires, or you leave your modem unplugged for say 7-30 days so the IP can be released back into the pool. Some levels of business internet have static IP options available, which you can call in to change/rotate as needed.

Bear in mind that it's 100% up to a website administrator to allow or block access to their site, as they are the website owners, and you are just a user. Even if you manage to change your IP and sign up for another account, don't be surprised if the admin finds out somehow and bans you again. Hopefully they come to their senses and have a peaceful discussion with you, but it's their prerogative on how they handle these situations.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

23 minutes ago, BF109 said:

so how do i fix this?

Use a VPN. or buy another router/ internet plan and only use one wifi network for the fourm./ 

3 hours ago, BF109 said:

First name as itself is hardly privacy issue unless it's very rare. Same with last name by itself. You could have also done that in better manner. Like ask for username change or termination of your previous account to create because of privacy concerns.

Consider that website owners have their right to see your account details, IP and other identifiers in order to prevent misuse, trolling, spamming etc. If you ever bother to read privacy policy agreements now on every site, you will see that they don't distribute your information outside and if you ask for account cleaning, they must do it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 1:43 PM, LogicalDrm said:

First name as itself is hardly privacy issue unless it's very rare. Same with last name by itself. You could have also done that in better manner. Like ask for username change or termination of your previous account to create because of privacy concerns.

Consider that website owners have their right to see your account details, IP and other identifiers in order to prevent misuse, trolling, spamming etc. If you ever bother to read privacy policy agreements now on every site, you will see that they don't distribute your information outside and if you ask for account cleaning, they must do it.

thanks for the help, can they find out where I live through the IP?

3 minutes ago, BF109 said:

thanks for the help, can they find out where I live through the IP?

General area, yes. It shows nearest distribution hub. Or if it's static IP, its assigned to billing address. This is reason why to use VPN.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

General area, yes. It shows nearest distribution hub. Or if it's static IP, its assigned to billing address. This is reason why to use VPN.

so through IP can they see which street I live in?

1 hour ago, BF109 said:

so through IP can they see which street I live in?

Depends. You can try it yourself. Use whois to see what info you get from it.

Authorities also see more than what normal people.

E: I would give my own IP as example, but my mobile connection routes through another city which is 250km away from current location.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv