ASUS N550JK - BIOS Requires Password After BIOS Update

I decided to update my BIOS to version 209, ASUS website tells 209 update improves performance, so why not?

I did not put any password to BIOS before and was able to access it. ASUS says they are not having any issue but several people uses same device as mine also got their devices bricked.

-I have the GTX850M 4GB model

-I can't access Windows or anything, it directly enters the ''Enter Password'' screen.

-No, I haven't put any passwords, and there were no passwords before.

-Alt+R combination does not work (Biosbug)

-I didn't remove CMOS battery, I could wonk things up even more. Also password is stored at different module, so it wouldn't work.

Any solutions or someone with any similar experience?

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

Contacting Asus customer service? 

I contacted them a week ago but they haven't returned aside that they are acknowledged my request

I am also having the same issue with N550jk after bios update(version 209). Seems like more people have it too from reddit post.

I tried every single method to reset bios password but none of them work.

After contacting Asus support they are explicitly saying “you cant reset it” and send it to Service for motherboard change. They dont even acknowledge the faulty bios version.

Asus is basicly ransoming you by first locking your computer and asking momey for fixing it. This topic really should get more attention.

Edit: Asus removed bios 209 for download at the moment. You can flash old bios to fix the issue by;

1.    ⁠Download the 208 bios file.
2.    ⁠Rename the file as either N550JKAS.BIN or N550JK.BIN (i had both, just in case) and put it in a usb drive.
3.    ⁠Power up while holding ctrl+home with the usb drive plugged in.

Then it should start flashing the bios file on your usb.

Credit: /u/kaymakf  from reddit.

Well its an Asus laptop so I'm not that surprised that this behaviour exist. I still am trying to figure out why they don't allow booting of a USB flash drive in their 11.6" netbooks (X205, E203, etc)