USB ports cutting out, randomly

Ozz

Ok, so I am at my wits end. I watch all of LMGs content, been a fan for about a year and decided to reach out to the community here for help.

I just built myself a new computer, first time since 2005. Its a Ryzen 5 2400g, on the TUF B450M Plus Gaming motherboard with 32g of T-Force Vulcan TUF ram, and an MSI RX 580 8gig. All that works fine. Great! Its a great machine. But every so often, some times multiple times a day, sometimes multiple times an HOUR, the USB, all USB just shuts off. no keyboard, no mouse, no wifi (i use USB wifi). I initially thought it was because my PSU was too small at only 500 watts, so I upgraded to EVGA BQ 750. I have already gone through all the power settings and made sure windows isnt turning USB off for any power saving measures. I have the latest drivers installed. I dont understand what else I can do to fix this, and there is no indication of whats causing it. Its completely random.

Has anyone ever had this issue or heard of anyone with it or just has any idea how to help? Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

Check your mobo USB drivers, but DO NOT DELETE THEM!!!!!!!! Or you are going to get a disaster with crashes every time you plug in a USB device. Also, are you using your case's front panel USB? Or are you using your mobo USB?

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me (聽@Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards聽//聽Forum Quickstart Guide聽//聽Floatplane聽//聽Forum FAQ聽// TheParrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread聽who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE聽Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽........:oo:........

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o聽 聽 聽 聽聽聽 聽 聽 聽.''''''''''''''.

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN聽 聽 聽 聽|聽 聽PARTYON聽聽|

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy聽 聽 聽 聽| ,............'

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s聽聽|/

聽 聽 聽 Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

聽 聽 聽h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

聽 聽 聽m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

聽 聽 Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

聽 聽mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

聽 +++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

聽``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

聽++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

I am using both. KB and mouse are plugged in around back, wifi is sticking out of the front. and when USB goes out, motherboard and case USB all cuts out. my mobo has a reset button on it. I have to use that to fix it.

As for the drivers, I dont know which ones are being used. I think they are the windows drivers? they are called AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft).

2 hours ago, Gegger said:

Welcome to the forum!

Check your mobo USB drivers, but DO NOT DELETE THEM!!!!!!!! Or you are going to get a disaster with crashes every time you plug in a USB device. Also, are you using your case's front panel USB? Or are you using your mobo USB?

forgot to quote you in my reply. sorry

11 hours ago, Ozz said:

forgot to quote you in my reply. sorry

i'm guessing you have a driver or controller issue, not much i can do about that, it's not my ground to tread

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me (聽@Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards聽//聽Forum Quickstart Guide聽//聽Floatplane聽//聽Forum FAQ聽// TheParrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread聽who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE聽Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽........:oo:........

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o聽 聽 聽 聽聽聽 聽 聽 聽.''''''''''''''.

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN聽 聽 聽 聽|聽 聽PARTYON聽聽|

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy聽 聽 聽 聽| ,............'

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s聽聽|/

聽 聽 聽 Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

聽 聽 聽h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

聽 聽 聽m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

聽 聽 Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

聽 聽mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

聽 +++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

聽``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

聽++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh