Budget Build Help!

Dijon

Sup all I want to make a PC, or buy a used on of ebay then put the GPU in it, but I am having trouble finding a good used PC that will be compatible with my PC. I can afford £100 max and with that money I was gonna buy a AMD Radeon RX 460 2GB, I think this card perfect because of the fact that its powerful for the price and plus requires on a 350WATT PSU to run. However I need help finding a used PC, or a type I could search for myself, much help is appreciated Many Thanks.

P.S  I live in the UK so only UK items please as shipping from elsewhere wont work for me.

So you have 100 pounds in total for the whole system? Even if you go all used a used rx460 that isn't fake still goes for 45 so half the budget is gone and then you need a decent computer. Unless you get super lucky you aren't going to get anything decent for the money that isn't going to be need to be competly replaced if you want to start upgrading it to play games better.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

3 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

They did install windows 10 32 bit for some reason so he will have to reinstall windows first of all.

1 hour ago, Dijon said:

Sup all I want to make a PC, or buy a used on of ebay then put the GPU in it, but I am having trouble finding a good used PC that will be compatible with my PC. I can afford £100 max and with that money I was gonna buy a AMD Radeon RX 460 2GB, I think this card perfect because of the fact that its powerful for the price and plus requires on a 350WATT PSU to run. However I need help finding a used PC, or a type I could search for myself, much help is appreciated Many Thanks.

so you already have the 460?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

30 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

so you already have the 460?

No I dont but CEX always has a part for £40.

Just now, Dijon said:

Thats a good combination but yes I am strictly restricted to £100, could maybe up it to £110 max.

that's under 100 pounds.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

So you have 100 pounds in total for the whole system? Even if you go all used a used rx460 that isn't fake still goes for 45 so half the budget is gone and then you need a decent computer. Unless you get super lucky you aren't going to get anything decent for the money that isn't going to be need to be competly replaced if you want to start upgrading it to play games better.

I realise that fully, thats why I had a question about the HP I already own, on my other thread

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

that's under 100 pounds.

Yes but you need to add the GPU too, I dont have it currently.

1 minute ago, Dijon said:

And that is simply not possible as stated before. You COULD get some core 2 stuff but that is just a bad investment as that doesn't run modern games and you'd be lucky to find anything with over 4gb of ram and 8 is already starting to cut it close. You need to save up more simple as that.

9 minutes ago, Dijon said:

i can tell you right now that you're not getting anything good with a budget that low. save up to at least 200 pounds first.

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

i can tell you right now that you're not getting anything good with a budget that low. save up to at least 200 pounds first.

will take me while, at least 5 months but what do you suggest to get with £200? I got the $100 idea from youtube from the "Ozbox" from youtuber Oztalks, if you want to see for yourself.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

And that is simply not possible as stated before. You COULD get some core 2 stuff but that is just a bad investment as that doesn't run modern games and you'd be lucky to find anything with over 4gb of ram and 8 is already starting to cut it close. You need to save up more simple as that.

I got the $100 idea from youtube from the "Ozbox" from youtuber Oztalks, if you want to see for yourself.

3 minutes ago, Dijon said:

I got the $100 idea from youtube from the "Ozbox" from youtuber Oztalks, if you want to see for yourself.

oh I've seen that one. He is using a site that is made for selling cheap units to people who need it. This is us only and used computers are generally cheaper in the us. You cannot recreate this everywhere. Used pc hunting in the uk is a lot harder and you won't find amazing deals without a good bit of luck. Best you can do is wait and snipe something or just save up and het a readily available system.

6 minutes ago, Dijon said:

will take me while, at least 5 months but what do you suggest to get with £200? I got the $100 idea from youtube from the "Ozbox" from youtuber Oztalks, if you want to see for yourself.

Get a part time job over summer, one or two months and you can build descent PC

14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

oh I've seen that one. He is using a site that is made for selling cheap units to people who need it. This is us only and used computers are generally cheaper in the us. You cannot recreate this everywhere. Used pc hunting in the uk is a lot harder and you won't find amazing deals without a good bit of luck. Best you can do is wait and snipe something or just save up and het a readily available system.

Yes fair enough

12 minutes ago, InCaptivity said:

Get a part time job over summer, one or two months and you can build descent PC

I am going solo holiday after my exams and I haven't gone on one for years so I am not missing it I'm afraid.

34 minutes ago, Dijon said:

I am going solo holiday after my exams and I haven't gone on one for years so I am not missing it I'm afraid.

Seems fair. I did some digging and the best that I can think of is this:

40£ for your GPU from CeX

70£ for this PC https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-790-Optiplex-PC-Quad-Core-i5-2400-3-1Ghz-4Gb-DDR3-500Gb-SATA/113765486224?hash=item1a7cf38e90:g:zP0AAOSwrINc7PZ-#viTabs_0

+ 8£ - 4GB for DDR3 (from CeX or maybe cheaper if you can find good deals on Ebay)

Total ~ 118£

*Note: Biggest concern is that this PC might not have 400W PSU 

* You can See what kind of performance you would get for the price

Edited by InCaptivity
Added Youtube video with similar set up

43 minutes ago, InCaptivity said:

Seems fair. I did some digging and the best that I can think of is this:

40£ for your GPU from CeX

70£ for this PC https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-790-Optiplex-PC-Quad-Core-i5-2400-3-1Ghz-4Gb-DDR3-500Gb-SATA/113765486224?hash=item1a7cf38e90:g:zP0AAOSwrINc7PZ-#viTabs_0

+ 8£ - 4GB for DDR3 (from CeX or maybe cheaper if you can find good deals on Ebay)

Total ~ 118£

*Note: Biggest concern is that this PC might not have 400W PSU 

* You can See what kind of performance you would get for the price

I think this is perfect, thanks man I will definitely look into it!