Racist 3.5 mm plug.

Kirkulis

So I have connected to the back 3,5mm output of my motherboard a 2.1 system and i use the case 3.5mm out for my headphones(audio technica mx30). Unfortunately I tripped on the headphone wire sending them on the ground.Fortunately nothing broke, the sound fine. The problem is with the case plug(i think).When i plug the headphones in, win10 doesn't recognize them, the popup on the down right corner asking me what i plug in does not appear. The thing is that the headphones do work if i connect them on my phone/another computer/the back of my computer(mobo output) OR if  I use a 3.5mm extension cable and connect them on my front case plug. The plug also works with every other headphones/ speakers i have in my house. How can this be?The plug and the headphones work fine with every other piece of equipment but not with each other except if i use a extension 3.5mm cable in between them?? I am completely amazed about the situation and 100% positive that i am not mistaking something.Ofcourse and i have restarted teh computer, reinstall realtek drivers. I am sure something bend when i tripped on the wire because if i plug in the headphones and start fidgeting around on the connector i can get it to show up but I cant visually see the damage.

Interesting title :P

What probably happened is that both the connector and the port were slightly damaged - the damage isn't large enough to prevent normal operation unless you use them together, in which case the damage "adds up" and causes poor contact.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

probably knocked or tore something inside the 3.5mm jack. is it easily replaceable ? might wanna take it to a audio shop and see if they cant fit a new one 

If it works with an extension then why not just buy a really short extension and leave it there for when you want to use it. Next time don't step on your stuff.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.