How important is the VRM/Is X570 worth it?

Sorry, I know, vague question but for context, I’m planning to buy the new R5 3600, or possibly a 3700(x) depending on pricing/budget. The 2 motherboards I’m currently looking at would be the Asrock b450m pro4 or steel legend (leaning towards the steel legend), and then the Asrock x570m pro 4 (GN had a picture of it from Computex). The X570M according to GN has a 8+2 VRM while the B450 motherboards have 4+2 from what I can gather. Is it important to have those 4 extra phases when overclocking a Ryzen 5 or 7, or is the performance/stability difference nominal? Sort of related is wether PCI-E gen 4 is really needed at all, but for my use case I *probably* won’t need it seeing as I’m running a Vega 56 right now, nor have the budget or use case for any Gen 4 SSDs, let alone in RAID. I get that since neither Ryzen 3000 or the X570 board have been out for reviews yet everything is speculative, I’m more curious about the ramifications of different VRM configs.

The Pro B450 and Steel legend is pretty different, the Steel is the premium B450, one of the best B450 out there. For sure has no issues running the new CPUs even overclock. now if you plan overclocking a higher end ryzen 2, probably I would go for a X570.