Best powerline options?

Hi

I made a post yesterday asking for which wifi router is the best for a 3000 sq/f house.

Now I'm gonna ask:

What is the best powerline solution for $100 or less?

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Depends on how the wiring in your home is. If its newer than Powerline might work. If they are older then you might have issues. It also depends on the distance between adapters, as in the path the signal has to take to get to the other adapters. Generally if they both are on the same circuit then you get experience. If you have to cross breakers that will cause some performance issues, if you have to cross a phase, then you going to have an even crappier time. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2019 at 4:20 PM, Donut417 said:

Depends on how the wiring in your home is. If its newer than Powerline might work. If they are older then you might have issues. It also depends on the distance between adapters, as in the path the signal has to take to get to the other adapters. Generally if they both are on the same circuit then you get experience. If you have to cross breakers that will cause some performance issues, if you have to cross a phase, then you going to have an even crappier time. 

With my TP-Link adapters there is a utility on their site that shows your PL network and speeds. I've found that sometimes moving the adapter to a different plug in the room can made a big difference in speed. Sometimes even changing the adapter for a spare makes a difference. I've got several AV500 and AV600 models and sometimes the 500 is considerably faster than the 600.

On 5/29/2019 at 2:35 AM, Uptivuptiz said:

Hi

I made a post yesterday asking for which wifi router is the best for a 3000 sq/f house.

Now I'm gonna ask:

Our house is quite a bit smaller ~1500 sq ft but we use Netgear 1000mbps poweline adapters and so far they've worked beautifully (very close to the advertised speeds). I think I paid around $70 for 2 adapters. I will say though that I only needed to establish one connection to my PC upstairs, which was located directly one story above the router. Also, make sure if your outlet is on a switch, to keep it turned on ?

edit: IMO, If your homes electrical wiring is fairly modern and up to code, I can't see the extra distance being much of a problem. Our house was built in 2000 and haven't had any issues with signal degradation.

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/PL1000.aspx

On 5/29/2019 at 6:20 PM, Donut417 said:

I know on some older homes (pre-1970's), outlets may not be grounded which could cause serious issues with PL adapters...maybe even burn them out.