Got okay PC, but want to upgrade. What to upgrade XD

Hello,

My name is Johannes I'm not really good at english n stuff but kay. It's my B-Day soon and I might graduate from middle school so I will get a shit ton of money (not really). I live in the Netherlands so that is a thing to consider XD.

I've got an okay build, for my needs and money that is.

Here are the specs:

i5 3470 4 cores 3.20 GHz
R9 280x Club 3D 3gb gddr5
cooler master 212 evo
cooler master 750 watt
10 pro activated
gigabyte B75M-D3V
patriot 8gb DDR3
kingston 128 gb SSD
1 tb HDD
corsair spec alpha

Now the question is: "What is smart to upgrade and usefull"
Budget: about 200 - 250 euro

I was thinking about upgrading the ram and gpu but I don't really want a 1060 dunno why.
Ram upgrading might be usefull because: when my system is at normal load with discord and some google chrome and some other software ram usage is around 4,5 gb. And when gaming like GTAV it sometimes gets up to all 8 gb and then my GTAV is like 10 fps XD.
Thanks in advance!

I'd probably wait for Zen 2 (announced in Computex, a bit far away, search up when), although for 250€ you can't get a CPU, motherboard and RAM combo easily unless you sell your current stuff

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I'd probably wait for Zen 2 (announced in Computex, a bit far away, search up when), although for 250€ you can't get a CPU, motherboard and RAM combo easily unless you sell your current stuff

it is announced in 16 hours:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190527T1015&p0=241&msg=AMD+Keynote+at+Computex+2019&ud=1&font=sanserif

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

13 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I can sell some stuff indeed

and why should I wait for Zen 2 is it special?? not really familiar with computex n stuff XD

1 minute ago, johanneshet said:

and why should I wait for Zen 2 is it special?? not really familiar with computex n stuff XD

AMD is releasing new Ryzen processors that might shake up the market and let you have more performance for less money

Or the side-effect of older Ryzen 2000 series being cheaper is also to your benefit once the new ones are out

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

1 minute ago, BigRom said:

AMD is releasing new Ryzen processors that might shake up the market and let you have more performance for less money

Or the side-effect of older Ryzen 2000 series being cheaper is also to your benefit once the new ones are out

ah okay ty I'll w8 till they release it.

For your price range you won't be getting a Ryzen processor. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that would include a new CPU, motherboard, and DDR4 memory. No way around it. The CPU alone maybe be in the $200 range (USD but still). You can either elect to save your money to put towards a Ryzen CPU in the future or a new graphics card now. If I'm not mistaken Vega56 prices have come down a bit, might look into that.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

5 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

For your price range you won't be getting a Ryzen processor. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that would include a new CPU, motherboard, and DDR4 memory. No way around it. The CPU alone maybe be in the $200 range (USD but still). You can either elect to save your money to put towards a Ryzen CPU in the future or a new graphics card now. If I'm not mistaken Vega56 prices have come down a bit, might look into that.

okay yea I'm also okay with 2nd hand stuff but then it will have a 300 euro price range. I think I'll upgrade to 16gb and other gpu but what gpu?

1 minute ago, johanneshet said:

okay yea I'm also okay with 2nd hand stuff but then it will have a 300 euro price range. I think I'll upgrade to 16gb and other gpu but what gpu?

RX580 8GB would be a nice upgrade from your R9

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

Just now, johanneshet said:

Don't even bother upgrading your ram, DDR3 is outdated now. You could always try selling your current RAM, CPU, and motherboard and putting that money towards new stuff.

Most importantly, monitor your CPU and GPU usage in games. If your CPU is hitting 100% usage, that means your CPU is holding you back and it's time to upgrade. If your GPU is at 100% this is good, unless your FPS is low. In this case, upgrade the GPU.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

yea both true but the thing is that I might be able to sell all my stuff for 'bout 200-250 tops and then I need to buy them other stuff. dunno. I think I'll go with a 580 and 16 gb ram. Because upgrading anything else will be hard. If I want to upgrade my cpu then my mobo will have 2 be upgrade 2 and my ram probs 2. So yea ty I guess XD

1 hour ago, johanneshet said:

yea both true but the thing is that I might be able to sell all my stuff for 'bout 200-250 tops and then I need to buy them other stuff. dunno. I think I'll go with a 580 and 16 gb ram. Because upgrading anything else will be hard. If I want to upgrade my cpu then my mobo will have 2 be upgrade 2 and my ram probs 2. So yea ty I guess XD

Unless you're aware of local retailers with better deals than PCPartpicker is showing, a build at even a 700 Euro budget that's an upgrade from what you have would be tough out there. The typical budget pieces that we like to suggest show no availability.

thank you, I will take that into consideration!