RX 580 no boot

JuiceJack

Hi, I am using a Power Color RX 580 8GB Red Devil for a computer build that I am trying to get working. The fans spin and the led turns on but no video. There are no beep codes. I plug in the graphics card and it will not boot. I have ensured that the card is fully seated into the system as well as the 6+8 PCI-E connectors are securely inserted. I have tried inserting the card into 3 other systems all prove the same issue. I have tried booting the computers using onboard video... no luck, still won't post.  I have tried booting it in my main rig alongside an RTX 2070... no luck, still won't post. I don't know if the card is dead, I picked it up off of craigslist, and I am sure I can return it, maybe it was flashed for mining and got bricked the process but I have no idea why it will make the entire system no-post when it is installed. Any help that will lead to the fixed card instead of an uncomfortable process of trying to return the card would be greatly appreciated, thank you for reading!

All the rigs a I have tested in are Intel based, I checked each board, and all had positive compatibility with the card.

8 minutes ago, JuiceJack said:

Hi, I am using a Power Color RX 580 8GB Red Devil for a computer build that I am trying to get working. The fans spin and the led turns on but no video. There are no beep codes. I plug in the graphics card and it will not boot. I have ensured that the card is fully seated into the system as well as the 6+8 PCI-E connectors are securely inserted. I have tried inserting the card into 3 other systems all prove the same issue. I have tried booting the computers using onboard video... no luck, still won't post.  I have tried booting it in my main rig alongside an RTX 2070... no luck, still won't post. I don't know if the card is dead, I picked it up off of craigslist, and I am sure I can return it, maybe it was flashed for mining and got bricked the process but I have no idea why it will make the entire system no-post when it is installed. Any help that will lead to the fixed card instead of an uncomfortable process of trying to return the card would be greatly appreciated, thank you for reading!

All the rigs a I have tested in are Intel based, I checked each board, and all had positive compatibility with the card.

You got a lemon.  This is why I do not buy used video cards.  There is a reason why he was selling it.  You can try selling it, but that is not fair as it is a dud and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Can you test it in a friend's system?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Can you test it in a friend's system?

I have tested it 4 separate systems that I have, an i5-7400, i7-7700, i7 4790k, and i7 9700k

Just now, JuiceJack said:

I have tested it 4 separate systems that I have, an i5-7400, i7-7700, i7 4790k, and i7 9700k

If it can't work in any system then you best return it, or see if the seller can get it to work for you 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad