How do I use SSD to speed up HDD?

CIRE

Recently I bought a Dell G5 laptop, it comes with a 126gb ssd and a 1tb hdd.

I installed all my games on the hdd and i found that the computer loads the games for too long, and it crashes sometimes in game. (For example when i play PUBG, when someone is shooting near me, my laptop crashes for like half a second, and also it just crashes randomly throughout the whole game.)

Is it a common problem when you install games on hdd? Or is there any failure on my hdd?

If it is common, i've heard a way to boost up hdd by using small ssds. However the 128gb ssd on my laptop has already been used for system drive, and there's no other drive slots on the laptop. I'm thinking of seperating a little storage from my hdd and use that to speed up the hdd. Is this method valid?

2 hours ago, CIRE said:

Recently I bought a Dell G5 laptop, it comes with a 126gb ssd and a 1tb hdd.

I installed all my games on the hdd and i found that the computer loads the games for too long, and it crashes sometimes in game. (For example when i play PUBG, when someone is shooting near me, my laptop crashes for like half a second, and also it just crashes randomly throughout the whole game.)

Is it a common problem when you install games on hdd? Or is there any failure on my hdd?

If it is common, i've heard a way to boost up hdd by using small ssds. However the 128gb ssd on my laptop has already been used for system drive, and there's no other drive slots on the laptop. I'm thinking of seperating a little storage from my hdd and use that to speed up the hdd. Is this method valid?

I'm not sure because this is a new case i've heard so far. As far as accelerating your drive, you could use the intel optane module 32gb but for that you need a empty slot. Because the game should not crash even on a 5400rpm drive. On that drive, there will be stutters. But no crashes.聽Try installing a game to the ssd and see if it crashes. If the problem persists, contact Dell support and ask them to fix it for you

5 hours ago, CIRE said:

Is it a common problem when you install games on hdd?

Absolutely not

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽