SSD Setup

Mr_Argon
22 minutes ago, Constantin said:

It will choose what ever is the best for the detected drive! HDD/SSD/SIZE ect...

what testing, documentation, or direct quotes from M$ do you have to back up your claim?

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

what testing, documentation, or direct quotes from M$ do you have to back up your claim?

My long experience!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

My long experience!

and from my experience: "experience" is the most unreliable when the person cant present examples or have a record of being unreliable. 

and from my experience: "experience" is the most unreliable when the person cant present examples or have a record of being unreliable. 

i have 49 Years on my back and my first PC was in 1991!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

4 minutes ago, Constantin said:

i have 49 Years on my back and my first PC was in 1991!

my dad has 60 years of experience in farming. 

does not mean he is up to date in farming tech, even if he is very informed. 

you have displayed various levels of Bias and on how much you are informed. untill you have evidence to display. i will take your word with a 25kg packet of salt (because i can get them for cheap)

you have displayed various levels of Bias and on how much you are informed. untill you have evidence to display. i will take your word with a 25kg packet of salt (because i can get them for cheap)

If i keep a record for 2 month from today to see how many AMD compatibility issues there are you will be amazed.

I think you are the one that let info passing in the front of you unexploited....

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

If i keep a record for 2 month from today to see how many AMD compatibility issues there are you will be amazed.

I think you are the one that let info passing in the front of you unexploited....

i am aware of the memmory controller issues, past and present. 

but it stopped being a concern roughly 15 months ago since the BIOS updates and launch of Ryzen more or less rectified the issue. 

i know it excists, its just that for 3000mhz/3200mhz kits (the sweetspot) it will at worst have to be dropped to 2933mhz. and anything above that the system technically isnt verified to run at. 

Maybe I can simplify.  Recent computer, running the latest OS?  No reason not to use GPT.  That being said, I don't ever let Windows decide for me.  Shift+F10 during the install brings up a command prompt.  I use Diskpart to clean/clear the drive, then use the "convert gpt" command.  Once I verify with "list disk" I exit out and continue with the Windows 10 install.  It takes 30 seconds, yet you are sure the drive is set up the way you want.

20 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

49 years of experience, but his profile states he a 39 year old water ski instructor...?

The more I read on this subject, the more I find that it's your boot options that determine which partitioning schemes Windows 10's installer can use. For example, if you select "unallocated space" for the install and you're booted into legacy BIOS mode, then the Windows 10 installer will automatically use the MBR partitioning scheme. Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/windows-setup-installing-using-the-mbr-or-gpt-partition-style

In essence:

• If you boot into UEFI mode, then the GPT device will self-identify and Windows 10 will build the partition using the GPT partitioning scheme.
  • If you boot into legacy mode aka BIOS mode, then Windows 10 will automatically select the MBR partitioning scheme instead.
    • Even in the above scenario, you can still manually wipe then setup a GPT partition using diskpart commands. However, you will still need to boot into UEFI mode to proceed with the Win10 installation. Win10 installer will not allow you to proceed with the installation of a GPT partition while booted in legacy mode.
    • Using MBR on a GPT capable drive is suboptimal if you're capable of UEFI booting since (among other things) you cannot utilize the quick boot features UEFI + GPT allow. This is why you do NOT want Windows 10 to automatically choose for you if you're unsure of what you're doing.

1 hour ago, SPARTAN VI said:

49 years of experience, but his profile states he a 39 year old water ski instructor...?

Just about every post that ive seen has been unreliable or in some way heavily biased. Probably a nice guy, but untill he can provide something to back him i will take every word with a 25kg packet of salt