1-1.5k build & Q's

Hello, I d like to know your thoughts on this build. Do you think that 2700x is an overkill?

I play mostly games but I d like to stream in the future and not upgrade for few years at least.

3 minutes ago, Equalizer said:

I play mostly games but I d like to stream in the future and not upgrade for few years at least.

if that is your concern. wait a month. there are new CPUs comming out at computex and right now its not a great time to spend a lot on a PC. 

The 2700X is not the best buy considering 3rd gen ryzen is about to launch. You probably don't need a 970 EVO, you could get 500 GB for that price. The PSU is a bit overkill but not completely mad. The RAM seems a bit expensive. There are kits for 80 $ out there. 

I ve got some of those (ram-ssd-hdd-motherboard) for less than half price on different places. That build will cost me about 900$ total, and the only part i m picking at the listed price above is the CPU. My main concern is the ryzen 7 2700x, because i checked that the diffferences is about 5-10 fps max, and not really noticeable. I don't really want to wait, cause my old pc doesn't work anymore, and my university semester just ended, so for the next months i ll have a huge amount of time to spend, and don't want to miss another month waiting...

2 minutes ago, Equalizer said:

I ve got some of those (ram-ssd-hdd-motherboard) for less than half price on different places. That build will cost me about 900$ total, and the only part i m picking at the listed price above is the CPU. My main concern is the ryzen 7 2700x, because i checked that the diffferences is about 5-10 fps max, and not really noticeable. I don't really want to wait, cause my old pc doesn't work anymore, and my university semester just ended, so for the next months i ll have a huge amount of time to spend, and don't want to miss another month waiting...

uh the new cpu's are coming out pretty soon so if you have the ability to wait I would recommend you do it

instead of the 2700x you can get the 2700 and overclock it and you will get the same or better performance as the 2700x (you might need to get a cooler then though)

You could get a Ryzen 5 1600. Someone said microcenter is selling them for 80 $. You will have a decent enough gaming experience. Upgrade to Ryzen 5 3600 or 3700 (if they stick to the naming schem) and just resell the 1600.

Rumors are, that Zen 2 might be way higher IPC and higher clockspeed with a decent core count for the cheap (compared to intel). Rumors usually exaggerate but if the performance improvement is even half of the rumors it is worth the wait in my opinion.