New PC issues

BunnMan

I'm having issues with my PC ever since I bought and assembled it.
Every hour of two, the PC freezes for a couple seconds and then continues to run normally for another hour or so, until it freezes again.

I've had every part looked at, tested or replaced. The PC was at 2 different technicians, with the same result. One of them used it the same way I did for 72 hours, just to find nothing wrong with the PC, but as soon as he brought it over, the freezing started happening again.

(the motherboard and SSD were replaced, memory and disks were checked-they're all good, power supply was replaced with another one, SSD was replaced with another one, processor was checked, drivers were updated) 

Every  100% spike (HDD, SSD, Processor), the freeze happened.

Specs:
ASUS TUF Gaming Z390 motherboard

Intel core i5 9600k processor

hyper 212 evo cooler

G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200 kit (2x8GB)

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1070Ti

Crucial BX500 240GB SSD
WD Blue 2TB HDD

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

WD Black 500GB HDD

LC Power LC6650 (650W power supply)

If anyone has any clue as to what could be wrong, please help.

lag task manager 4.png

lag task manager.png

lag task manager 2.png

lag task manager new.png

lag task manager 3.png

Well the only part you didn't change is the motherboard.

Maybe the problem is there?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

It looks like you are having a lot of spikes in your disk use. Are you using antivirus software? Also have you downloaded the microcode updates for you cpu from your motherboard vendor's website?

5 hours ago, Constantin said:

Well the only part you didn't change is the motherboard.

Maybe the problem is there?

I just recieved the new motherboard today, so it was replaced.

5 hours ago, Sorenson said:

It looks like you are having a lot of spikes in your disk use. Are you using antivirus software? Also have you downloaded the microcode updates for you cpu from your motherboard vendor's website?

The only anitivirus software I'm using is windows defender. As far as i know, the last technician downloaded those.

I know you said you checked your ram but I would bet that it is causing the issue. I recommend removing 1 of your ram sticks for a day and using the system then switching which stick is plugged in the next day. 

21 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I know you said you checked your ram but I would bet that it is causing the issue. I recommend removing 1 of your ram sticks for a day and using the system then switching which stick is plugged in the next day. 

Did that already, happened with both sticks, also, I changed the RAM for a day, with another pair, got the same result

My company has installed 20 of these drives (240GB BX500) and we have experienced a similar issue with nearly all of them after being installed for 1-3 months. Crucial support has been helpful but has not been able to resolve the issue.

The symptoms we saw were that the PC would run fine for a while and then freeze up for 3-10 seconds. Anything requiring disk I/O would be affected, so the mouse would still work fine, but button clicks requiring I/O wouldn't produce any action until the "freeze" period ended, at which point everything quickly resumed. The problem can happen multiple times in a minute or only several times per hour.

We are running Windows 10 Pro 1803/1809 on mostly Dell Optiplex (790/990/3010/7010) as well as some HP and custom build PCs.

We have not been able to find any correlations other than SSD model (240GB BX500).

The best way we found to see if a BX500 had "gone bad" is to run an HDTune benchmark. In our case, a "bad" SSD will have a maximum of 200-400MB/s (depending on the SATA controller/age) and a minimum of ~0.3MB/s. Image of a sample SSD attached.

Can you run some HDTune benchmarks and see if you are seeing the same thing?

Additional info: We found that the problem would go away if we did a "Sanitize" from the Crucial Storage Executive software. Crucial support says that this is a "secure erase." We have not done testing to see if or how long it takes for the problem to re-appear.

bad_bscc04w10_6afterdisableindexingfilecontents.png