I think I screwed up

Hey guys, I think i screwed up here. So when I got my AIO I thought to myself maybe I should wipe off the stock paste that came with the AIO and apply my own. So I grabbed the closest bottle of isopropyl and wiped it clean, the next thing I know the unit got bleached and the middle got this white shade to it. Will this affect my cooling :o

59591670_635454256879532_4686417757888053248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyz1-1.fna&oh=b69cb86e80267415d39410de7dce9521&oe=5D6ECDFC

The plastic will be fine, but it looks like there is some residue from your cloth in the machine marks on the coldplate. If it's just residue from the isopropyl, try and find some 90% or higher, I'd wager you're using 50-70% alcohol. If it's just residue, and it's any less severe IRL than it looks in that picture, you should be fine.

3 hours ago, RobFRaschke said:

The plastic will be fine, but it looks like there is some residue from your cloth in the machine marks on the coldplate. If it's just residue from the isopropyl, try and find some 90% or higher, I'd wager you're using 50-70% alcohol. If it's just residue, and it's any less severe IRL than it looks in that picture, you should be fine.

well it looks exactly like it is and this is the first time I used a 90% usually I just use wipes from a packet :/

Just now, Bush Badger said:

well it looks exactly like it is and this is the first time I used a 90% usually I just use wipes from a packet :/

It's pretty far out on the edges, the mounting plate looks like 115X intel, if so, you should be fine, the IHS is pretty small, and the die much smaller yet.