Budget gaming PC

HirgaLTTki

So i want to build a new PC, to do some basic editing and gaming (BF3, F1 2012 etc). 1 monitor setup. However, Im a complete newbie to this world of computer building and would need some help from you guys! Im planning on getting this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/SvzT , i5-3570, nividia 650, 8gb ram. However, for the motherboard, im stuck between a H77N WIFI from gigabyte and the asrock h77 pro4. Some help guys?

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

what is your budget ? Also i would spend less money on the cpu and more on the gpu. Fx 6300 for the cpu and a hd 7870 for the gpu, if you want a cheaper gpu go for the gtx 650 ti boost then

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

what is your budget ? Also i would spend less money on the cpu and more on the gpu. Fx 6300 for the cpu and a hd 7870 for the gpu' date=' if you want a cheaper gpu go for the gtx 650 ti boost then[/quote']

Well, should be around SGD$1500 total with W8 and a monitor. Not sure about going for amd, heard that stutter problems are common. Also the 650 ti boost is like 275 here, way too overpriced

you shouldn't have any microstuttering if you're on a single gpu setup, if you're planing to crossfire later RadeonPro fixes those problems

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/SFKM

Improved version with 7870 xt

You need to add a proper storage hhd, as a single 250gb ssd just won't be enough (if you don't want to extend your budget, just down the ssd to 120gb and tack on a 1TB hhd)

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

You need to add a proper storage hhd, as a single 250gb ssd just won't be enough (if you don't want to extend your budget, just down the ssd to 120gb and tack on a 1TB hhd)

This depends entirely on the person.  I'm running a 256GB SSD alone and it's only half full.

This depends entirely on the person.  I'm running a 256GB SSD alone and it's only half full.

I agree;

I have a 128GB boot SSD, and a 1TB storage drive. I'm using 60GB on the boot (only software + windows), and another 60GB on the 1TB (not including back ups). 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Hmm thanks guys, then what about asrock mobos? Yay or nay?

Asrock was a subsidary of Asustek. So if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I trust ASrock motherboards.  

Asrock was a subsidary of Asustek. So if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I trust ASrock motherboards.  

yeah ASRock seem to be bringing some good valued boards to market with some unique styling which is nice as usually these smaller companies tend to just make basic boards that aren't too great. I would also suggest an AMD CPU as the extra cores you get for your money with AMD processors can give better performance with editing and are roughly around par with the Intel CPUs in the same price bracket.

Your budget pc looks fine to me, maybe get a bit higher budget so you can go and buy a higher end MoBo. But for now it looks fine to me.

yeah ASRock seem to be bringing some good valued boards to market with some unique styling which is nice as usually these smaller companies tend to just make basic boards that aren't too great. I would also suggest an AMD CPU as the extra cores you get for your money with AMD processors can give better performance with editing and are roughly around par with the Intel CPUs in the same price bracket.

Like an A10 APU or FX4xxx or better. 

Yep I've only using 155 GB on my 500 GB HDD and I'm going to replace my HDD because its going to fail (Crystal Disk Info).

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

I personally don't like ASRock motherboard (because I find they don't look that nice, and don't have features I like). I stick to the "Big Three", MSI, Gigabyte, and ASUS (not in any particular order, but I do have a thing for MSI boards).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If you can afford it you should consider the 660ti! Then you get very good performance, and CUDA cores if you plan on editing video (especially in Premiere). Here in Norway they're on sale all the time. 

Current build: Antec P180, Asus P8Z68 Pro, Intel i5-2500k, Asus GTX 570 2GB, Patriot 16GB 1600MHz, Corsair HX 650W.

New build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11270-video-editing-workstation-build/

Asrock z77 pro4-M or asus p8z77-V-LK for 60 SGD more?