Z87-GD45 vs SABERTOOTH Z87

Go to solution Solved by deathjester,

So I'm going to build a new gaming PC. 4 years ago I didn't care so much for look, because I had a tight budget. Now that I have more money to spend I want to have something that looks good.
I really like the look of both Z87 and SABERTOOTH and they both got good reviews. My questions are:

Will Killer NIC and Gaming device USB ports give me anything when I play Quake Live/CS GO? Or is it just good advertise Im falling for?

What more pros and cons should I also look at?

Marketing. Z87 boards from MSI/Asus/Gigabyte don't use junk on networking. The only real difference is the sound. If you are audiophile with like 1000 dollar headphones, it might be worth it. If you are using a few hundred dollar speaker setup or 100 dollar headphones? Good luck telling the difference. 

Asus auto overclocking isn't bad on a dual rad water cooler either. Manual OC is always better, but if you don't feel like messing with it? Top end Asus boards can be nice I guess. OC'ing manually? All z87 are great. Even the cheapest ones.

You are mostly paying for looks past a GD-45. If they are important to you? Go for it. No one is going to judge you. :) Important thing is that YOU are happy. 

So I'm going to build a new gaming PC. 4 years ago I didn't care so much for look, because I had a tight budget. Now that I have more money to spend I want to have something that looks good.

I really like the look of both GD45 and SABERTOOTH and they both got good reviews. My questions are:

Will Killer NIC and Gaming device USB ports give me anything when I play Quake Live/CS GO? Or is it just good advertise Im falling for?

I really like the look of both Z87 and SABERTOOTH and they both got good reviews. My questions are:

Marketing. Z87 boards from MSI/Asus/Gigabyte don't use junk on networking. The only real difference is the sound. If you are audiophile with like 1000 dollar headphones, it might be worth it. If you are using a few hundred dollar speaker setup or 100 dollar headphones? Good luck telling the difference. 

Asus auto overclocking isn't bad on a dual rad water cooler either. Manual OC is always better, but if you don't feel like messing with it? Top end Asus boards can be nice I guess. OC'ing manually? All z87 are great. Even the cheapest ones.

You are mostly paying for looks past a GD-45. If they are important to you? Go for it. No one is going to judge you. :) Important thing is that YOU are happy. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

No one is going to judge you. :) Important thing is that YOU are happy. 

Thanks for that answer :)