Upgrade Help

I'm looking to upgrade my current system and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on components. I have built and upgrade my sys before btw.

--Current-- (GAMING BTW)

• CPU - i5 4670k (Not OC)
  • GPU - 1050Ti 4GB (Mini)
  • Ram - Corsair Dominator 2x4GB DDR3 1666Mhz
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte Z97P-D3
  • Monitor - My 60Hz TV (Horrible colors)

--Upgrade Options--

1.  I would first like to upgrade my monitor to 144Hz my budget is around £200 or $260, would like good colors but not fussy
  2.  I would like to next upgrade my GPU to possibly an RTX 2060 or a GTX 1660Ti (I play more competitive games so frames are more important than looks)
  3. Last would be my motherboard, CPU, and RAM,
    • I think I'm going to go with an Asrock B450 Steel Legend (https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Steel Legend/)
    • For CPU I'm thinking a Ryzen 5 2600X or a Ryzen 7 2700X (Noted I would like to be able to smoothly run games and well as stream)
    • Finally, for Ram, I was thinking any 2x8GB DDR4 with around 3000Mhz

It would be really great if anyone could give their opinion on which components or a monitor recommendation,

Thanks,

t.walk16

If you are just gaming your proccesor should be fine for now. Depending on your RAM slots I'd buy 2x8gb 1666 sticks for a total of 24gb. I'd also buy a 1660ti (2060 is a bit more of a gimmick if you just play competitive games)

2 minutes ago, DoomTheAssassin said:

If you are just gaming your proccesor should be fine for now. Depending on your RAM slots I'd buy 2x8gb 1666 sticks for a total of 24gb. I'd also buy a 1660ti (2060 is a bit more of a gimmick if you just play competitive games)

Ok thx for advice

What is the total budget, or do you not have one? For the time being...

You wanted to stream so 8 cores is useful in your case. I changed the gpu from the ones you suggested to a much better value vega 56 (At 260 it's too good to miss). Make sure you have a good quality psu for it though.

Monitor is 144hz 1080p freesync so it fits what you wanted for the price.

1 minute ago, MeatFeastMan said:

What is the total budget, or do you not have one? For the time being...

You wanted to stream so 8 cores is useful in your case. I changed the gpu from the ones you suggested to a much better value vega 56 (At 260 it's too good to miss). Make sure you have a good quality psu for it though.

Monitor is 144hz 1080p freesync so it fits what you wanted for the price.

Hi thanks for the monitor recommendation, I'm planning to upgrade in phases so the budget doesn't really matter, I'm doing monitor first, then GPU second with the board, ram and cpu last

Just now, t.walk16 said:

Hi thanks for the monitor recommendation, I'm planning to upgrade in phases so the budget doesn't really matter, I'm doing monitor first, then GPU second with the board, ram and cpu last

Ah. If you can wait, then I'd just get the monitor and instead wait for zen2/Navi coming out in June/July most likely.

1 minute ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Ah. If you can wait, then I'd just get the monitor and instead wait for zen2/Navi coming out in June/July most likely.

yea I think that's what I'm going to do thx for the help

2 minutes ago, geo3 said:

You can get a good 1080p 144Hz with Freesync for around $200. Add a GTX 1660 or ti variant and OC your CPU and you should be good to go.

ok thx

2 hours ago, DoomTheAssassin said:

OP stated he is going to be doing streaming.

I don't see why you'd use 3 RAM sticks. That won't give optimal performance from any of them.

1660Ti is a fine price competitor. The 2060 isn't a huge amount more in price with decent returns, though.

23 hours ago, trevb0t said:

OP stated he is going to be doing streaming.

I don't see why you'd use 3 RAM sticks. That won't give optimal performance from any of them.

1660Ti is a fine price competitor. The 2060 isn't a huge amount more in price with decent returns, though.

I already have 2 sticks as 4GB so it would be 4 sticks

1 minute ago, t.walk16 said:

I already have 2 sticks as 4GB so it would be 4 sticks

I see. My mistake!