Best Quiet cooler for AMD FX 8350?

Fr1tzB0t
13 minutes ago, Piri1974 said:

I read everywhere that sideways-blowing coolers may be a problem for the VRMs getting too hot.

So, I am looking for the best downward blowing cooler for the 8350... or another solution for the VRMs.

I don't see how you could point a fan towards the VRMs when there is such a huge tower cooler on the CPU...

I have managed with water coolers plus VRM fans in the past, or with cases with side panel fan mounts (probably what worked best), and even once with a Cooler Master V10 in place (but that was the most ghetto solution I applied :P), but I agree that the simplest solution is a TF fan.

This is the one I mentioned, but I think there are a couple by Noctua and others, I just don't know if they are rated for the same max TDP:

Spoiler

be-quiet-Dark-Rock-TF-19.jpg

Hey SpaceGhostC2C thanks man!

That Be Quiet Dark Rock TF really looks like what I was looking for... never seen it before.

And about the original person who started this post: Yes, he got his PC for very cheap.

When you get a cheap pc, it is normal that it will have an older generation CPU.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

If I needed a second PC and I could find say a complete FX4300 or A8-9600 or Intel alternative for very cheap, I'd probably buy it.

With the A8 being the best choice I guess, as it sits on AM4 mobos... more futureproof.

I have a friend who has a Core i5-750 (I think). A very old CPU too. But for an office PC it's still blazingly fast. So for a sub-$200 office PC... why not?

The era that the older generation of CPUs were outdated as soon as the newer generation arrived is long gone.

It just depends on what you need it for.

And how much you pay for it: Don't pay too much for older hardware.

Thanks again for the tip about the downward blowing cooler. It's not cheap, but it is future proof. So I'll probably buy it. 

Have a very nice day;

Carl Philip

40 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

and even once with a Cooler Master V10 in place (but that was the most ghetto solution I applied :P)

Lol! I had never seen this V10 before. 

Maybe you can use that thing now to make your deep freeze run even cooler. ?