Headphone recommendtion needed

MorbidNature

I've slowly upgraded my setup and I've now hit the audio part and im looking to dip my feet slowly into the audio game.

I just bought a NuForce uDAC3, while I know it's not gonna be the end all be all im hoping to pair it with a decent set of headphones to really start enjoying my sound experience.

so I'm looking for a pair of over-the-ear headphone, I mostly listen to rock, but i touch of bass will be greatly appreciated 

and if it work with my android phone even better but im not really expecting that :)

3 hours ago, MorbidNature said:

I've slowly upgraded my setup and I've now hit the audio part and im looking to dip my feet slowly into the audio game.

I just bought a NuForce uDAC3, while I know it's not gonna be the end all be all im hoping to pair it with a decent set of headphones to really start enjoying my sound experience.

so I'm looking for a pair of over-the-ear headphone, I mostly listen to rock, but i touch of bass will be greatly appreciated 

and if it work with my android phone even better but im not really expecting that :)

Budget? Open back or closed back?

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

Budget? Open back or closed back?

up to 200$

to be honest, I don't have much experience with open back so i can't say for certain :)

26 minutes ago, MorbidNature said:

up to 200$

to be honest, I don't have much experience with open back so i can't say for certain :)

open back hd 58x, he 4xx

closed back d 770 80 ohm, or meze 99 noir.

all of these sound great for rock and all a have a touch of bass with varrying degrees. 

10 hours ago, MorbidNature said:

up to 200$

10 hours ago, rice guru said:

open back hd 58x, he 4xx

closed back d 770 80 ohm, or meze 99 noir.

all of these sound great for rock and all a have a touch of bass with varrying degrees. 

Those are good suggestions I would 100% go for the 58X on massdrop for an open back.

But for closed back i would also add the Status audio CB-1 as a great entry level closed back and for the price cannot be beat.  under 100$ and youll be rockin out.  Another set is the audio-technica m40x w/ HM5 angled pads NOTE: you cannot use these with the stock pads so factor that into the cost. and you HAVE to buy the angled pads none other.

Now to open backs if you live in a quiet environment and listen at home or at the computer mostly open backs are unreal I own two pairs..  but if you plan to use these on the go or around people they will be able to hear what your hearing if they are within a few feet of you and you can hear them very clearly if they are talking etc.

1 hour ago, Tz000 said:

Those are good suggestions I would 100% go for the 58X on massdrop for an open back.

But for closed back i would also add the Status audio CB-1 as a great entry level closed back and for the price cannot be beat.  under 100$ and youll be rockin out.  Another set is the audio-technica m40x w/ HM5 angled pads NOTE: you cannot use these with the stock pads so factor that into the cost. and you HAVE to buy the angled pads none other.

Now to open backs if you live in a quiet environment and listen at home or at the computer mostly open backs are unreal I own two pairs..  but if you plan to use these on the go or around people they will be able to hear what your hearing if they are within a few feet of you and you can hear them very clearly if they are talking etc.

I was just trying to get the most potential out of his budget. where as instead of going entry level for the closed backs he sould go straight to mid range headphones

9 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I was just trying to get the most potential out of his budget. where as instead of going entry level for the closed backs he sould go straight to mid range headphones

Actually, i might go for both :)

The CB-1 are 50$ so ill pair that with one of the open back recommendations, leaning towards the HE 4XX just from the reviews I've seen .

16 minutes ago, MorbidNature said:

Actually, i might go for both :)

The CB-1 are 50$ so ill pair that with one of the open back recommendations, leaning towards the HE 4XX just from the reviews I've seen .

Go for it having a pair of a good open back and a good closed back is something I need . I severely lack a good pair of closed backs.

DT880 is your best friend for rock music. K7xx is another great option but it doesn't sound as lively, a bit better as a monitoring headphone i would say.

Avoid sennheiser products if you are looking for rock music as they are generally just very smooth sounding

4 hours ago, xtroria said:

DT880 is your best friend for rock music. K7xx is another great option but it doesn't sound as lively, a bit better as a monitoring headphone i would say.

Avoid sennheiser products if you are looking for rock music as they are generally just very smooth sounding

He is going he 4xx which I was is pretty great but I do agree the 880 is a great option just didn't put it on due to the amp dac requirement which would put it above budget

Instead status audio cb-1 get creative aurvana live 1 is better sounding one for music.

1 hour ago, IFPMaximus34 said:

Instead status audio cb-1 get creative aurvana live 1 is better sounding one for music.

Ah yes the CALs they are also a Greta option make sure to get the 1 and not the 2 the 2 apparently sucks if your going for it